• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Video Games

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

Never played any of the AC games, but I am enjoying this one quite a lot (mostly because I can be a pirate and sail my ship around...)

Started out as an airplane game on my Surface Pro, but I've moved to my desktop because despite being old, it is a poorly optimized console port and sometimes struggles to keep up

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been all about ESO lately. My first MMO but I'm enjoying it. Took about 2 years of on and off playing to get to endgame, but that's when it finally hooked me and started playing regularly.

Also tried out Sea of Thieves recently. The rando shipmate I was assigned with dropped out right off the bat, so I had to solo it.

Figured out how to sail my ship kinda sorta, and when a replacement shipmate joined up, I just immediately steered that bad boy into the rocks. I got to watch my shipmate alternate between looking at the lower deck fill water, then looking at me, surely wondering WTF is wrong with me. Then the ship sank and I drowned. Awesome game. I can already see the trolling opportunities are enormous.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With the last part of the past decade, battle royale style games are my go to at this point. No time commitment, get in a few games, win or lose. Apex Legends has been entertaining.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never got into the BR style games. Then again, since I'm a casual console gamer now, I don't really like competitive shooters anymore in general.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm thinking about picking up a new console primarily for entertaining guests but in the interim will go with board games. Got my projector setup at this point with Fire TV and a tv box with antenna. I do not believe there are any more ports to support a console at this time anyways.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are you doing for sound?

Seems like a waste to go with a projector and not have a receiver and surround sound (or at least a decent set of stereo speakers). Any modern receiver should have plenty of inputs and you can just use that to handle all of the switching...projector just becomes a dumb monitor.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I picked up the new Echo Studio to sync with Fire TV. Works well enough for my needs currently but still tweaking the setup as I go.

Debating between an aluminum or silver screen currently.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate it when games have a multi-step process to exit. Seems to be endemic with console ports (since status quo is otherwise to just turn them off).

In Black Flag, it is a bit of a process to get you back to the main menu that involves loading screens...and finally an option to quit to windows.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disco Elysium is pretty cool. A lot of political ideology but I'm enjoying the gameplay and writing so far.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm finally getting into The Outer Worlds. Really fun. I like how you get new dialogue options if you bottom out your intelligence attribute when creating your character. Not only do you get a bunch of dumbass dialogue options unlocked, but, it's hilarious to see the smarter NPCs get pissed off at you, and the dumb NPCs feed off of your stupidity.

Nikos

Reaction score
I didn't like The Outer Worlds. I admit I had expectations for a new Fallout game and it is obviously different, but there was just too much dialogue for me and I couldn't care.

Currently continuing my completely random Souls gaming: Bloodborne, DS3, DS2, Sekiro, and now DS Remastered. It feels slower compared to the newer games, but I love it.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I never liked the Fallout games, even the original 2. Thinking OW would be like that put me off until I gave it a shot. I actually see it as being more like Mass Effect. So yeah, the dialogue and such is what I love about it.

I barely even use the VATs or whatever it's called in this one. I just run around blasting shit and talking stupid to the NPCs with my low IQ character.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol there's isn't such thing as too much dialogue in RPG game, unless it's bad dialogue, like Fallout4 bad

that being said don't try playing Planescape Torment guys xd

Nikos

Reaction score
I started skipping dialogue so yeah, RPGs are probably not for me. I don't care for the comparison with Fallout, I have only played 4 anyway.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%