Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Yeah, I ordered GTA online so it would come after finals. Temptation is...too much. My Gamertag is Saito Hawkeye, I'm on Halo 3 and I guess I'll be on GTA IV when it arrives. I'd get COD4, but I only play FPS's with friends usually, and it doesn't have split-screen.

2. xchen

xchen Senior member

GOT IT!!! I ended up having enough credit at GameStop to get GTA4, the strategy guide (I'll use it since I'm a completionist), and Rock Band for about $60.00!

All you guys who shared your gamertags can expect an add but not right now as I'll be playing for hours.

3. xchen

xchen Senior member

When the phone rings in game you can hear it interfering with the speakers in the car. I could get used to details like this.

4. sonick

sonick Senior member

Debating whether or not to get GTA4. I was never a fan of the series (too much walking around trying to find what to do next, poor controls make difficult missions more frustrating), but the reviews on GTA4 look too amazing.

5. dusty

dusty Senior member

When the phone rings in game you can hear it interfering with the speakers in the car. I could get used to details like this.

Oh man, I thought that was my phone! Incredible.

6. xchen

xchen Senior member

I shot someone in the head while he was trying to get in a car and escape and he slouched over and his head pressed on the horn and it kept going off. Then I pulled him out and threw him on the ground and took the car.

7. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

http://www.steampowered.com/goldrush/

May 2-4 is a free TF2 weekend. Just download Steam, pre-load TF2 and you'll be all ready. It's to celebrate the new medic update and Goldrush map. Valve is hands down the best Western dev. So awesome.[​IMG]

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Nice! Too bad my latency is too miserable to play with you guys.

9. kronik

kronik Senior member

I need to get some of you all on my Steam friends list...

Brian, no worries, I'd kill you every time you spawned anyways.

10. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    COD 4 the only game you need to play

11. landho

landho Senior member

Mauro, my character in Grand Theft Auto Iv is wearing some shitty-ass Russian jeans that he bought for $24.

12. xchen

xchen Senior member

I switched to the fatigues at the request of my in-game girlfriend. I still maintain that you should never lower your standards of dressing for a woman, however.

edit: I just noticed that if you wreck a car too much it will eventually break down and will be unable to turn over, instead of catching fire a la older GTA titles. When you press the acceleration button you hear the engine trying to turn over and Niko will say something like "why won't you start?!"

13. thetieguy

thetieguy Senior member

I think it is a tragedy that Mario does not have bespoke overalls in Mario kart. By the way, that game is so easy. I have been considering trading my Wii for a 360 but have heard about how many 360's go in for repair and I dont want to deal with that.

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I think it is a tragedy that Mario does not have bespoke overalls in Mario kart. By the way, that game is so easy. I have been considering trading my Wii for a 360 but have heard about how many 360's go in for repair and I dont want to deal with that.

It's not supposed to be hard or challenging. It's supposed to be extremely user-friendly and fun so a lot of people can play it together.

15. Homme

Homme Senior member

Nice! Too bad my latency is too miserable to play with you guys.

You're in SE Asia aren't you ? Join an Aussie server [​IMG]