1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

Dipped back into overwatch again as my summer schedule has eased up.

Hoping to get a decent season 2 competitive placement.

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I played for the first time in months a couple days ago - must have that Mercy skin. It just isn't gonna happen, though. Forgot how much I hate Tracer. And Hanzo. And Bastion. And Torbjorn.

3. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

but you like d.va, don't you? her korean is really weird....

4. b1os

b1os Senior member

3k coins. I don't play OW anymore, but I have 3k coins. I might buy the skin.

5. b1os

b1os Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Predecessor of the Nintendo Switch?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  6. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

while i adore the gremlin, mercy is waifu and pharah is bae. I bought OW to play Pharah because she is the closest thing I can think of to Starsiege: Tribes

7. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I used to play a fair amount of video games and was an early adopter from the PS onwards, but now I rarely play. Having gotten rid of my consoles a couple of years ago, recently I bought a gameboy off Ebay just for Tetris. I have a Saturn just for Baku baku animal, a dreamcast just for Mr Driller but they're both too bulky to be left connected for occasional sessions. I bought a GPD XD (generic android) to play Mr Driller under emulation, if only there was decent Saturn emulation. Sorry, sounding like a dinosaur.

8. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Well, you nailed it. I don't think a single FPS will use this in the entire lifespan of the system.

When I see that held sideways I'm sure it's going to be for their retro games, in which case it's fine.

9. accordion

accordion Senior member

No one's playing Civ VI? Best core game yet, lots of minor stuff that need fixing as is the case with every release version. They added a lot of features that make the game more dynamic and interesting.

10. b1os

b1os Senior member

Afaik there's not just minor stuff that needs to be fixing. Apparently the whole AI is fucked up. Like, you can't win by being peaceful.

11. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

These kinds of games typically go on deep discount within a year, and seeing I just play with ai, i don't mind waiting.

12. accordion

accordion Senior member

None of the AI bugs are gamebreaking, the biggest ones I've found are negotiation exploits and random denouncements. 80% of Civ V players never played about King so any general complaints about difficulty should be ignored. It's similar to silver League of Legends players whining about game balance.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  13. b1os

b1os Senior member

Rumours have it that the battery of the Switch in its current state only lasts 3 hours. And it has a multi-touch screen.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

I figured it had to have a touch screen. No reason not to. I suspect they will limit it's use in games because you can't use that type of controls when it's plugged into a tv.

If the battery only lasts three hours that would be a huge fail.

15. b1os

b1os Senior member

Yeah, all games are supposed to be playable without the touchscreen.

16. Nil

Nil Senior member

I'm into it.

RIP my social life for quite awhile.

17. Jr Mouse

For all of you that gave up on Hearthstone, the new expansion is shaping up to be one of the best yet. Blizzard's put a lot of thought into it and it might be worth your time to give the game another try once it's released.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  18. b1os

b1os Senior member

^Yup, looking good so far! Have you played the heroic brawl? I played twice (still have a bunch of amazon coins), one horrible run as dragon priest where nothing worked out (0-3), and one malyrogue run where I went 3-3.

Free Overwatch weekend, btw.

19. Jr Mouse

No I have not played the Heroic Brawl. Unlike half of Reddit, I actually thing it's a good thing for them to run. It's just not for me.

I'll try out Overwatch. :slayer:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  20. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

Played Overwatch for the first time during this free weekend event. Surprisingly my ancient potato for a desktop can run it without severe frame rate drops on lowest setting. Aiming feels a lot easier than TF2, but I still get wrecked against others in quick play.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016