• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So now watching movies will require people to purchase individual licenses, like Office?

Do executives in Redmond sit around all day saying, "how can we make people hate us more?"

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is anyone surprised by this? You are already being monitored if you own a cell phone, smart TV or PC....

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that I would imagine would be taking DRM far enough that there would be widespread outrage about it were they ever to actually use it.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not advocating it (just playing devils advocate) but what if it meant that the price of movies, heavyweight fights, etc went down drastically?

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MCDONALDS!

Any PC gamers out there? :(

Maybe I should start a new thread...

Sure, I was just playing Warframe.

I'm not advocating it (just playing devils advocate) but what if it meant that the price of movies, heavyweight fights, etc went down drastically?

Hahaha.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People like to say they like a la carte pricing (which is basically what that would be), but in reality, I think it makes people *feel* like they are spending more, whether or not they are. People would also rather have the *option* of showing it to many people without having to pay more. Same reason people buy SUVs when they might only use the additional space/power once a year max.

All just conjecture of course. I'm sure they'd do tons of testing before they started using something like this.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think people forget how much the music industry has changed over the last 10 years and at the heart of that is DRM and increasingly targeted advertising. It's rare that you find people now that would consider buying CDs, this is happening as well with DVDs as the cost of digital storage and / or cloud solutions goes down.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any PC gamers out there? :(

Maybe I should start a new thread...

I'm first and foremost a PC gamer (when I have time). It shouldn't be surprising that consoles are dominating the news right now though considering they were just announced.

That being said, FTL is kicking ******. Such a hard game.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think people forget how much the music industry has changed over the last 10 years and at the heart of that is DRM and increasingly targeted advertising. It's rare that you find people now that would consider buying CDs, this is happening as well with DVDs as the cost of digital storage and / or cloud solutions goes down.

Yet consumers would have had a fit if the music industry suddenly locked down CD's with DRM similar to digital downloads. That's what MS is proposing here with physical disks and why consumers are upset.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm first and foremost a PC gamer (when I have time). It shouldn't be surprising that consoles are dominating the news right now though considering they were just announced.

That being said, FTL is kicking ******. Such a hard game.

I play strategy games on PC. Crusader Kings 2 is my jam.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Starcraft 2. That's my main PC fix these days.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arabian Uncharted... lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads