1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

IDK if I am qualified to give a rec or not, it's not they kind of game I usually play. Counter Strike is a FPS, no? The Division is a cover shooter

2. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Playstation VR got announced for $399. Very good pricing even if I agree they should have included the camera. FWIW you can pick that up on Amazon for $44 right now, shipped.

3. phoni

phoni Senior member

Will need to wait to see game performance for all these VR options; given the gap in power between the PS4 and the PCs required for OR and the Vive, I'm not sure what to expect. I know there's other things at play here (optimization) but still, will probably wait for further iterations before making a decision.

AMD got into the VR game as well, but their SULON thing is quite unique bizarre... Backpack computing FTW?

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^thanks RedLatern, I am aware of that difference. I just don't get the hype behind the Division. The game play and environment seems like there is still room for development. I am usually not an early adapter..

5. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Probably smart. It's fun, bust most new games usually are. It definitely has warts.

6. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I´ve put in quite a few hours. I like doing side missions and encounters on my own but prefer to matchmake to main missions on hard. That´s a lot of fun and it gets quite challenging.

7. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Vive has the best tech hands down. You can walk around with it, and it comes with 3D controllers. Also Valve is going to make the entire Steam library available to play on it, so in addition to games developed specifically for VR, you can play your old games on it too. I really hope Vive becomes the VR standard because I trust Valve to make the best ecosystem for it. Also, in the early days a lot of what Oculus figured out about VR was research that came from Valve.

Oculus has good tech as well, but controllers are coming out later, and the games for it are limited to sitting in a chair. The advantage with Oculus is that they have a pretty good number of games at launch.

PlayStation VR is different from the above two. It's not a fully immersive VR experience. You can see the floor while wearing it I've read. Sony started heavily subsidizing VR game development long ago, and many of the VR games that will made for this have not even been publicly announced yet.

8. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I've never read that about Sony VR. Are you sure it wasn't just an early version of the hardware? From what I understand, other than the resolution and FPS (which is compensated for with some special tricks Sony uses) it's on par with the other two. No one doubts the other VR headsets will provide a better and more "high end" experience but they also cost more and must be tethered to a $1k PC. Noth I have read indicates you can see the floor on the (near?) finished hardware.

9. wojt

wojt Senior member

Ammo is a problem idd besides crappy .38. I'm in middle of the game now, I play it on hard and it's easy overall imo. If I'd put most points in agility, perception and endurance at the beginning and used power armor at all it would be a cakewalk, rifle perk + gun nut is OP.

The game overall is pleasant but weak for a fallout game imo. Pluses are that it's massive and you can build guns, armor even settlements. Some locations are really well made. Story and quests are rather dull, some characters are good and distinct like Valentine but overall in most cases you don't give two shits about story and kill random raiders in the wasteland. Cool game but have very little in common with Fallout1 and Fallout2 unforunately. Perhaps worst Fallout so far.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Already put in 13+ hours over the past weekend on The Division. Pretty fun, I am enjoying it.

I am curious how the planned graphics were since the big complaint it seems is the actual graphics.

For me I am using an HD monitor with highest graphic settings...I feel quite immersed in the environment. Just exploring and running around the city is taking most of my gameplay. I have not done much story quests yet.

11. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I haven't played yet, but everyone says this about every fallout game. Fallout is vastly improved with patches and downloadable content over time. That's why I'm holding off like I do with every Fallout.

12. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  13. phoni

phoni Senior member

8 more puzzles and I'm done with Picross 3d 2. Thinking of either sinking time into Stardew or the new Fire Emblem. Work trip coming up, so probably Fire Emblem will win.

Had Life is Strange for 2 weeks, didn't touch it. Damn you, Picross!

14. wojt

wojt Senior member

It is a little buggy - like all fallout games :) but main issue is not fixable because worst thing about this game is writing. Gameplay mechanics, graphics, crafting are vastly improved over last fallouts. Game is simply not as great as for example Fallout1 which had much better story, atmosphere, roleplaying and dialogues. To me F1 is one of the very best games ever, so it's hard to match but F4 does not have an original fallout feel to it. It's a good game, bad fallout if that makes sense.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  15. accordion

accordion Senior member

Anyone played Dark Souls 3 yet? Watched some Twitch vods and it looks closer to Bloodborne than DS2, which is good I guess.

16. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

^if anyone is planning on playing DS3 on xbox, my gt is melonadejello. Wrapping up a few things in DS2 in the mean time

1 person likes this.
  17. accordion

accordion Senior member

Getting it for the PC most likely. Not looking forward to pvp.

Whoever the graphic designers are for Bloodborne/DSIII should really look into fashion.

18. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I'm playing Bioshock Infinite for the first time now. I'm really enjoying it! I think the world is very imaginative. It kind of reminds me of Disneyland.

I wish you did not have to look for items in trash cans and crates. I can't leave an area without looking around for trash cans and crates.

19. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

If you haven't, I suggest getting the Burial at Sea content. It wraps up the entire Bioshock franchise, bringing the stories of the three games to a full circle.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  20. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

I have never played a souls game, but wish I had bought Bloodborne. Just watching DS3 teasers/gameplay makes me think I'm way not hardcore enough to actually play the game.