• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to something that will explain how to use that emulator? I'm a total noob on that front.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been playing dead space 3 a little. So far its good. I love these games, miss my bachelor living alone days where I could blow through a game without interruption. I've owned the game since release and played 3 hours at most. :(

I was sad to see Aliens: Colonial Marines bomb but at the same time it was kind of a relief since I barely have the time to play games. My fiancée got me god of war so I'll be able to leverage time to play that but this year has so many awesome looking games I doubt I'll be able to play most of them!

Last edited:

CentralParkMan

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to some of the titles slated for release this year e.g "Watchdogs" and "The Last of Us". However I'm not playing anything at the moment as I've finished "Assassin's Creed 3", "Far Cry 3" and "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2".

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking forward to some of the titles slated for release this year e.g "Watchdogs" and "The Last of Us". However I'm not playing anything at the moment as I've finished "Assassin's Creed 3", "Far Cry 3" and "Call of Duty: Black Ops 2". 

Watchdogs looks like its basically Assassin's Creed IV, more modern day Assassin's Creed.

Kinda lame that Sony did not show any image of the PS4, almost like they forgot to show the console off or something.

Anyway, Capcom's spiritual successor to 'Dragon's Dogma' looks promising, and hopefully Square is referring to FF XIII Versus finally coming out for PS4...

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Versus doesn´t get released, people from Square Enix are gonna be lynched.

I´m pretty psyched about the new Infamous. I loved the previous games from the franchise. Very innovative and with so much potential to keep going. Also really, really looking forward to "Destiny".
I watched the whole PS4 event. I´m glad that Vita is gonna get more useful with the arrival of the next gen console. And one of the best things is going to being able to download a game and not having to wait to play it.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought Crusaders Kings II today because it was cheap on Steam, but I started playing it and I realized that today was not the day to learn a complicated game like that. Decided to play a little Neverwinter Nights instead.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody here played that new XCOM? Looks like it might be pretty fun.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought Crusaders Kings II today because it was cheap on Steam, but I started playing it and I realized that today was not the day to learn a complicated game like that. Decided to play a little Neverwinter Nights instead.

Watch youtube tutorials.

I got the game after release. Spent the time on the tutorial, then much time on how the AI would play out and what I should do strategically. I can tell there is a really good game in here, I really can, but damn if it doesn't make you do your homework.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
XCom is one of those games that blows you away when you get started on it but the joy fades if you aren't playing on ironman.

The incentive to play is heavily based on having perfect tactical execution and balancing the risk versus reward when it comes to making a move. IMHO if you aren't playing ironman - permanent squad member death - there is no real consequence so it takes a huge amount of the weight out of the decision making process. This is the joy of the game - praying like hell that you don't whiff on this 67% chance to hit, otherwise your pride and joy colonel who has been the backbone of your team from the beginning is dead and gone forever. It may not sound Luke much now, but anyone who has played on ironman will relate to the grief that causes.

The difficulty gets quite ridiculous very fast at anything at classic or above, so unless you have masochistic tendencies, playing ironman on anything above normal would result in extreme frustration. With all that being said though, its a great game and well worth the cost - just prepare to swear at your screen, because **** will happen.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watch youtube tutorials.

I got the game after release. Spent the time on the tutorial, then much time on how the AI would play out and what I should do strategically. I can tell there is a really good game in here, I really can, but damn if it doesn't make you do your homework.

Yeah once I got the hang of it I got obsessed with it. I have a weak spot for historical sims like this.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Already preordered. Tuesday... :slayer:

Had no idea about AoE 2 being redone. Ahh.. Highschool...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics