1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

No one's going to pay $349 for a game, particularly when they can just buy it for their 360.

Anyway, unless you work at Microsoft or Sony, why does it even matter?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

You mean the hardware problems? I think the failure rate was really awful. That said, I think their return system was fair and happened fairly quickly. They took a hit, but all in all I think they cleaned it up better than most companies would have.

3. Nil

Nil Senior member

Whoops, I meant the Xbox One, not the 360.

4. death shot

death shot Senior member

Really into Witcher 2 and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

ITSP reminds me a lot of Sub-Terrania.

The atmosphere and sound design in ITSP is really cool. Sub Terrania has really good music, too...

[​IMG]

5. eduardo14

eduardo14 Well-Known Member

Went to best buy to get MLB the Show 14 only to realize it's not out til 5-6 da fuq?

Left with nba2k14 and GT6 (PS3)

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

To bad you couldn't have let MS know that. They had been banking on Titanfall to push their hardware ahead of Sony or in the least, narrow the lead.

Eh, people have been having these discussions since the days of the Super Nintendo and Genesis. You may not find it interesting, but many do. As for why it matters, the lead platform in sales often gets an advantage in exclusives and has game engines built for it's hardware in mind. Sony struggled for years with this in the USA with the PS3 and unless MS can turn the ship around they could find themselves in a similar predicament.

More official numbers have been coming in and it looks like the Xbox One is closer to 4 million "sold." That would give Sony a 3 million lead at this point.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  7. eduardo14

I was wrong with my previous post in the thread..MLB the show 14 is out..bought it right away when I realized..this game is amazing..my thumb hurts from playing so much lol..

For a couple of years my friends have been raving about this game..I was really missing out..

Career mode is so much fun..created a player..was drafted by the A's and worked my way up to the big leagues..super addictive game..I didn't even play the other two games I got yet

Batting practice is a lot of fun..you could play as any hitter and face any pitcher..I was against Strausberg, Scherzer, Verlander, etc.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  8. gort

gort Senior member

God damn hearthstone. I get so pissed at this game. Bullshit cards make me rage so hard, my wife tells me I shouldn't play it before bed because of how often I yell "FUCK!" :fu:

1 person likes this.
  9. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

This made me laugh. I play HS to unwind. I only get pissed when I fuck up and miss out on lethal, only to get killed as a result.

10. Jr Mouse

Just started playing HS this last week. So far i'm really enjoying it. Kind of surprising because I never really got into this type of card game before. The iPad app is fantastic. Easily one of the best games I have seen on the hardware.

Still learning the dynamics, but i'm getting hooked. Love that the average length of the game is just right for a quick diversion or break from whatever you were doing.

11. gort

gort Senior member

It's so fun but there are so many cards that make me rage. Play my 8/8 with taunt and someone can reduce his attack to 1. :fu:

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  12. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

Ha, my friend had the same problem and his wife was also getting worried. He changed his play schedule so now he goes to bed early so he can wake up earlier to play it.

13. Jr Mouse

There are definitely some areas that feel like they need to be balanced in the game. I'm still getting into it all and will save my comments on some of these tweaks I would like to see for now. Hard to tell how much of that is me being new to the game and learning and how much is obvious imbalances.

14. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

i`M a few hours into "child of light". Very beautiful and feels nice going back to turn based fights.

15. eduardo14

The new ps vita comes out May 6th which is slimmer and has more battery life..anyone have any thoughts on the games..do u think its worth buying?

It's actually avail in a pack with borderlands 2 for $199

16. otc

otc Senior member

Had a bit of a LAN party last night for my buddy's birthday. Its pretty much the only time I can bring myself to play games anymore (though I practiced a bit over the past week...)

-I think I am finally starting to get the hang of DOTA 2. I still don't particularly care for it, but at least I can sort of play it (a few of my friends are big on dota...one of them is currently unemployed and I am pretty sure he is literally trying to go pro).

-CS:GO was pretty sweet. I had thought the idea of a third CS game (especially one that doesn't even use a completely new engine like the 1.6 -> Source transition) was dumb, but it was on sale for less than $4 a little while ago and I had everybody buy it. I was wrong...GO is a blast. The game feels smoother, looks and plays better, and has some nice enhancements. The two new play modes worked great for a small LAN with 8 people.
    Arms Race is basically Gun Game from 1.6, but made super slick. Gets a bit hectic and there was a bit too much going on for some of the people with not a lot of FPS experience, but it was great fun. Knife kills "steal" a level from an opponent...so lots of awesome knife action.
    Demolition is a gun game and de_ map hybrid: small maps with a single bomb site, you get a new weapon at the start of every round if you killed someone last round. So it kind of balances player skill a bit. CTs all start with the m4 but the good players end up progressing into things like the Five-Seven giving the people who haven't done as much killing a chance to catch up.
    Bots also seem highly improved...we didn't use them since we had an even 4v4, but it might have been smart to throw in an easy-bot as fodder for the less skilled players.

I'm gonna have to check out hearthstone though...I keep hearing about it.

17. b1os

b1os Senior member

18. death shot

death shot Senior member

Started playing the first F.E.A.R game again. Really fun.

19. jarude

jarude Senior member

GO is damn fun, but its hard to get back into unless you have a ton of time to put into it... the nolifers who exist on most servers usually make life miserable. Still fun for some mindless blasting though.

Hell yeah, I did the same this winter. I've never been so blown away by a game as I was when FEAR first came out. That game had it all - graphics (at the time), gameplay, story (good enough at least), sound, and atmosphere. The engine hasn't aged well, but its a classic. The combat encounters are so well scripted and I'm pretty sure there are few better moments in gaming than pinning guys to the wall with the nailgun for the first time. Little things like the soldier's dialogue during combat add so much to the game.

FEAR2 was decent but not great, although it had some of the best weapon animations and tactile feel in a shooter before the cap-gun feel of weapons in CoD took over. It lost a lot of the little things - like the solider dialogue - that made FEAR so enjoyable. FEAR3 was unplayable though - made in 15 minutes in and uninstalled.

1 person likes this.
  20. death shot

death shot Senior member

Yeah, when I pressed the button the lift came down, I saw the mech, I shat my pants.

Game has aged well.