1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. gort

gort Senior member

Crusaders Colliseum was such a forgettable raid tier. I think we had US #2 perfect attempt for the fancy horses if I recall.

Edit: it was #4

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  2. b1os

b1os Senior member

It's not easy if you go the completely f2p route but it can definitely be done (likewise, you can still lose, and will lose vs better players, with "great" decks). Trump (streamer on Twitch) just started a new account two or three days ago, no money spent on it, and he's like rank 5 by now. So it's definitely doable.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  3. phoni

phoni Senior member

Yup, that Argent grind fest was weak. WotLK had some decent stuff -> Naxx was still good. Very bizzare being able to steamroll Onyxia though, after gettign wiped so many times in vanilla... The attunement quest, so epic but so long-winded... I was so poor I didn't get a mount until level 56 I think... Also never bothered with TBC epic flying until after the price nerf.

Regarding HS, yeah, not going to spend any money on itl thanks for the Twitch heads-up, probably should make time to watch some matches and get some pointers.

4. b1os

b1os Senior member

Titanfall seems fun.

5. b1os

b1os Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Just tried War for the Overworld for the first time since backing the Kickstarter campaign.

Pretty dissappointed with it's current state, gameplay is seriously lacking.

7. those twitchpokemonfuckers killed Jay Leno

this game looks pretty good so far

[​IMG]

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

i'm still having fun on CS 1.6 ... pub scrim/community scrims are good. But then again my CPU cannot play anything more than 1.6 lol

9. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Looks like a cutscene more than a game.

10. worakl

worakl Senior member

That's because what they showed earlier, that everybody assumed was CG, was actually in-game graphics. It's that good looking.

11. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

I'm not talking about the graphics, I'm talking about the way the camera moves and stuff like that.

12. b1os

b1os Senior member

Might still be regular gameplay. Close combat.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  13. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Yeah, very cinematic gameplay. Looks cool and then the novelty factor might wear off shortly after.

I've been doing some good and bad arena runs, a lot of 3-3 and 4-3, then I manage to get a nice 10-3 run. Watching Trump put that free deck to amazing use is quite humbling. My brothers have shown me a few really good strategies and tricks to use that have paid off big time.

That Evolve game looks quite epic but it seems to me like the kind of game that would die off after a month of play.

14. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Cinematic gameplay is a good way to describe it. Looks good to watch, but I could see it getting very tiring very quickly if you're actually playing.

15. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Order 1886 is the first game I've seen for the new consoles that looks "next generation" to me. The graphics and animations are really really good. It's going to be a third person shooter which normally wouldn't get me that hyped, but I love the game's setting and art direction. Victorian era with a stream punk feel and werewolves. So glad it's not another game centered around space marines.

Has potential to be a system seller.

16. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Space Marine was so good though.

17. b1os

b1os Senior member

Irrational Games (BioShock) is shutting down.

18. phoni

phoni Senior member

Ye, 2K is now responsible for the franchise. Could be good, could be aweful...

Humble Indie Bundle 11 is live, got an hour of Guacamelee action, great fun; wish I had bought it on PS3 when they had it on sale.

I think I'm giving up on HS, Trump's vids made me feel totally inadequate :/

19. b1os

b1os Senior member

20. gort

gort Senior member

Krip was the raid leader of my wow guild. Hehe.