1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Feel free to add me on league of legends, been playing for about 2 years now. I'm a plat level player almost at diamond, always looking for people to play norms/arams when i'm not ranking from any skill level.

edits: oops, forgot my ign: Nehdra, North Am server.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  2. b1os

b1os Senior member

What's you handle?

3. b1os

b1os Senior member

Now that's odd, it says it can't find any player called "Nehdra". Can't you play with players from different regions (I'm assuming you play NA)?

4. EQ Next looks really impressive if they can actually deliver on their promises. Will be a good game to pick up once I get sick of FF 14.

5. gort

gort Senior member

Got a lot of quality Last of Us gaming in this weekend. Currently at the part at the

University with after parting ways with Joel's brother. Just arrived on campus. Was bummed when the black brothers died. Older brother shouldn't have shot himself!

How much longer do I have to finish? Anxious to see how it ends!!

Over half way...still got a fair way to go though.

7. gort

gort Senior member

Made it to the part where

Joel is injured and sick and I'm controlling shitty awful Ellie in the mean time. :fu: all my weapons are gone. :fu: no shotgun when battling the hoards of enemies attacking us in the warehouse in the snow. Died a few times on that part but made it, made it back to Joel, gave him medicine and the last part I played was running away from the dudes who came after her on the horse. Was glad Joel didn't die. Need more now! Playing as soon as I get home from work! :embar:

8. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I´ve been playing non stop since I got it. Finished it in normal, hard, survivor and currently doing survivor +. Gort, this last part you mention is one of the best in the game. Didn´t see it coming on the first playthrough but was pleasantly surprised.

9. gort

gort Senior member

Finished it last night. Great game. Wished I had more time with the last gun you obtain.

10. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Just started playing LoU, really liking it so far. A lot of dialogue but a very engrossing story. It's one of those games, like any good book, that you don't want to put down....

11. gort

gort Senior member

Been playing Tomb Raider. Love it! :slayer:

Also Lara's bewbs. :embar:

12. See, I bought the Bomber costume because really, who wants to see smut like that?

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

Diablo 3 expansion teaser... perhaps an announcement later on this month at Gamescom?

[​IMG]

Yes, I started playing again recently :embar:

14. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Give Path of Exile a shot if you haven't already. It's pretty much the game D3 should have been.

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

I see that claim bandied about a lot, and I 100% disagree.

I really just did not enjoy PoE. The passive skill system was nifty and something similar should've been in D3 in lieu of stat allocation, but the skill gems were ripped right out of FFVII, a game some 15 years old.

I'll be the first to admit that D3 is objectively bad in some ways and was released in atrocious shape, but PoE simply wasn't fun for me. F2p doesn't mean it has to have shit graphics, sound, and production values; and "not D3" doesn't mean anything if its not fun to kill stuff.

16. b1os

b1os Senior member

The expansion will probably be called Reaper of Souls.

17. gort

gort Senior member

Finished Tomb Raider. Loved it, very fun.

18. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I'm one of the last people on earth still using a CRT. I got it many years ago and the colors are amazing, but I know I need to get a flatscreen now. What should I take into consideration when buying one? One concern I have is that I don't want harsh neon like colors.

I've been needed to get one for some time, but I know Ill have to read all this boring tech stuff before I make my decision. I just want to buy something really great and not worry about it for the next 10 years.

19. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

If you want colors buy an IPS moniter.

Most ips aren't the best for games that have fast frame movement (FPS, racing, etc) so you will have to factor in refresh rate if you care about visual motion lag. Also, many flat screen monitors also have input lag so you will need to pay close attention to the ms speed and you'll want to keep that as close to 2 as possible. But input lag and refresh rate don't really matter to people who don't game or game hardcore, the most important thing is to get an IPS panel monitor.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013