Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Althis

Althis Senior member

just went 36-6 in bad company 2 all pistols/knives

it was pitiful

2. cal_in_kc

cal_in_kc New Member

Just started red dead redemption; pretty awesome.

3. mikey34

mikey34 Senior member

just copped a ps3 and have been playing uncharted 2 all weekend. Pretty fun game, the storyline is great. Almost the bets part of the game imo.

4. breakz

breakz Senior member

Beat Halo 3: ODST the other day. It's Bungie's love letter to the die-hard fans and a successful first-person sandbox game. One of the best games I've played in a while.

Given up on finishing FFXII for now, some 70+ hours in. I'm stuck in some area where you need to choose the right pillars in the right order or you get beaten up by a bunch of zombies and undead-ies. Not very fun, and I might give up altogether.

Replaying Shadow of the Colossus (haven't played it in 4+ years) right now. It's a very intense game--beautiful scenery but killing the colossi is overwhelming. I love the details: how the main guy stumbles when he jumps, or how his appearance changes during the game, and the baby at the end might tie into Ico. The camera and the frame rate are the only problems with SotC.

Still waiting to grab P3 (sup Brian) and Limbo (once I get a wifi adapter for my 360). I'm very, very excited for Halo Reach in a few weeks. Thinking about Fable 3, Alan Wake, or Fallout Vegas but none of them seem like must-plays. Anyone else played the Fable series or Alan Wake?

What's everyone else up to?

5. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

yo chrono, dq9 update: 9/10 game so far. The 'town stories' are awesome and fun, and the world seems pretty huge overall. The game kind of slowly ramps up at the beginning, and all the pieces start to gel and make more sense about 8 hours in... Multiplayer, though this doesn't apply to you, is awesome and glitch-free. Battle system is good, too. I have no complaints.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Beat Mass effect 2. Thoroughly satisfying game which brings the total of Xbox360/PS3 games in that category for me to like... 4. Might re-play it for purposes of getting everything right and being able to import flawlessly into ME3.

7. word

word Senior member

Beat Halo 3: ODST the other day. It's Bungie's love letter to the die-hard fans and a successful first-person sandbox game. One of the best games I've played in a while.
    The soundtrack for this game is great. Wish the single player was longer though. Yes it wasn't supposed to be super long, but it was well done and made me wish there was more. Wish I still had my 360 to play it again. =\\

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Game nerds: I'm using a family member's Mac while she's away and its got a semi decent card. Any games on Mac worth playing? Other than SC2.

9. macuser3of5

10. fffffut

fffffut Senior member

Game nerds: I'm using a family member's Mac while she's away and its got a semi decent card. Any games on Mac worth playing? Other than SC2.
    steam has some good games if youre into stuff like that
    actually you can login with a windows account and get all your mac-compatible games for free
    Replaying Shadow of the Colossus (haven't played it in 4+ years) right now. It's a very intense game--beautiful scenery but killing the colossi is overwhelming. I love the details: how the main guy stumbles when he jumps, or how his appearance changes during the game, and the baby at the end might tie into Ico. The camera and the frame rate are the only problems with SotC.
    i love soc, too bad i dont have a ps2 anymore [​IMG]
    im hoping theyll make a trilogy pack with ico, shadow of the colossus, and the last guardian, which also looks great
    just copped a ps3 and have been playing uncharted 2 all weekend. Pretty fun game, the storyline is great. Almost the bets part of the game imo.
    if you dont have it, mgs4 is one of the best games for ps3
    you can get it for ~20 pretty much anywhere now too

11. macuser3of5

Demon's Souls and god of war 3, too.

12. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

^And get Wipeout HD too if you don't have Pulse or Pure.
    Just came across a presentation some guy did for school on videogaming, which has now become a series in the vein of Yahtzee (the guy's style is slightly inspired from him, though he acknowledges this). Pretty interesting though as it somewhat answered a question I've been wondering lately about the lack of good storylines in videogames, well presented too.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I found his voice to be a tad grating, though he did bring up some pretty good points. I think I prefer Yahtzee more - I'm a fan of his scathing wit. On a related topic, whose reviews do you guys read/watch/listen to? I think I'm only following Yahtzee atm. I miss Seanbaby [​IMG]

13. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

Lady of the Forest = female Squall Leonhart.

ftfy

[​IMG]

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

^What game is that from?

15. Rathbone

Rathbone Active Member

Looks like Dragon Age: Origins to me.