Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

my wife is addicted to dragon quest 9 to the point where I think I need to buy second ds so she will stop making my character pirouette . [​IMG]

2. AFG34

AFG34 Senior member

Get a system your friends have so you can play with them online or to borrow games from each other.

yea i thought of that right after i posted it lol

thanks =)

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

my wife is addicted to dragon quest 9 to the point where I think I need to buy second ds so she will stop making my character pirouette . [​IMG]

how do you feel abotu the game so far? specifically the single player aspect as i dont' have friends who are interested in that game

4. macuser3of5

the few hours I have played... It is pretty standard jrpg fare. Fun game so far; the world is cohesive and the characters are interesting. I haven't delved too deeply into the mechanics yet, though there are stances/modes, spells and such which can add some combat depth. I'd give it an 8/10 from what I have seen of it. Could increase/decrease as time goes on. It is a nice, relaxing, after-work game...

...Shiren the Wanderer on the other hand, is rage-inducing. There is an absurd depth to the gameplay which I like and I do have a thing for roguelike (mines of moria ftw!) but I had forgotten how [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] they can be.

5. Isaactheillest

Isaactheillest New Member

bout to buy the new xbox 360 this winter (normally when i play games)

and go in on call of duty: black ops!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Nananine

Nananine Senior member

...Shiren the Wanderer on the other hand, is rage-inducing. There is an absurd depth to the gameplay which I like and I do have a thing for roguelike (mines of moria ftw!) but I had forgotten how [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] they can be.

Speaking of Shiren (which I still have yet to play, although it's been highly recommended) have you ever played Etrian Odyssey? Most fun/rage-inducing dungeon crawler ever

7. dusty

dusty Senior member

Just talked my roommate into buying my DSi (meanwhile I buy a new DSi XL) so we can play DQ9 co-op. Will report back with results.

8. macuser3of5

Just talked my roommate into buying my DSi (meanwhile I buy a new DSi XL) so we can play DQ9 co-op. Will report back with results.
    Yeah, a few of us are gonna try to get together this weekend and play co-op... Sounds good on paper but I dunno...

Re: Etrian, haven't played it yet, though it is on the list. I'm sitting in demon soul's right now waiting to get summoned... The multiplayer for this game has kind of fallen off a bit..

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

the few hours I have played... It is pretty standard jrpg fare. Fun game so far; the world is cohesive and the characters are interesting. I haven't delved too deeply into the mechanics yet, though there are stances/modes, spells and such which can add some combat depth. I'd give it an 8/10 from what I have seen of it. Could increase/decrease as time goes on. It is a nice, relaxing, after-work game...

That's nice. I was worried the story would be kinda boring. I mean, jrpg storylines aren't for everyone but i really had a good time playing DQVIII and when i read reviews about how DQIX was more about the character creation and multiplayer without much storyline/character developmento or things like that i decided to wait. I have an old r4 from like 3 years ago that seems to not work with all the new games but maybe in a month or two there will be a working patch for it or something so i can play it. I don't mind paying for the game right away if i know i'll like it and don't want to wait forever for a proper patch.

10. macuser3of5

the storyline is kind of quaint and appealling, it is growing on me... A lot of the sidequests have a charm about them. It definitely isn't a z-grade effort in that department. I played for about 4 hours today, I'm hooked. The only negatives I can give the game is that at this point in the game the alchemy stuff seems pointless and the dialog seems to have been run through a hillbilly translator with some weird typos.. It is a Level-5 game, so I guess that should be expected.

11. coldarchon

coldarchon Senior member

anyone remembers dota?

who plays league of legends?

12. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Me, I am getting right into League of Legends, name is XenoX101 and I'm around level 16 last I checked. I just bought the "Blast Zone" Heimerdinger skin earlier today, probably one of my favourite champions, I much prefer the AP heroes (especially ones that dont just nuke) over the DPSers/tanks with perks. Current favourites are Amumu, Vladimir & Heimerdinger but I want to try Mal'zahar and Anivia eventually as they seem fun.

13. dave333

dave333 Senior member

I got a new sony vaio f series for college. Luckily, it also has quad core i7 and a 1 gig graphics card. Chea.

Speaking of DotA, I never realized Dota was actually about DotA:

I never understood a word of it before.

14. coldarchon

coldarchon Senior member

Me, I am getting right into League of Legends, name is XenoX101 and I'm around level 16 last I checked. I just bought the "Blast Zone" Heimerdinger skin earlier today, probably one of my favourite champions, I much prefer the AP heroes (especially ones that dont just nuke) over the DPSers/tanks with perks. Current favourites are Amumu, Vladimir & Heimerdinger but I want to try Mal'zahar and Anivia eventually as they seem fun.

whoa Im just level 6. personally I like nunu or tristana. which level do I need to be able to change the second spell, it stays this fast revive thingy ..

15. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Beat Limbo. Adore that game. Now I'm grinding out achievements in WoW. Working on the one where you have to gather 160 cooking recipes, and there are only 161 Alliance-side. Of the remaining two, one is .1% drop off random mobs and the other is part of an insanely crazy quest chain involving Old World raid content. ... makes me feel pretty pathetic seeing it typed out like that.

Oh, and still slogging through SC II single-player.