Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

Now you know how Half-Life 2 fans feel. We've been waiting for a conclusion for 6 years. [​IMG]

When are they going to stop working on TF2 updates and start focusing on developing Episode 3? [​IMG]

Really looking forward to Brink. The gameplay footage looks great. Nananine pretty much nailed it with his description of the game.

2. breakz

breakz Senior member

When are they going to stop working on TF2 updates and start focusing on developing Episode 3? [​IMG]

Love TF2 but love HL series much more. They're done updating all 9 classes right? Shouldn't they finish with that soon?

3. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

The amount of TF2 updates is ridiculous, I think they jumped the shark when they started allowing people to craft their own weapons, apparently 'moderation' is not in their dictionary.

4. dave333

dave333 Senior member

Got starcraft 2. I am liking mucho. The campaign is pretty fun, but obviously the multiplayer is the big winner. Still going through the practice matches, most people suck. I usually play zerg though and I'm finding terran to be tad overpowered with the damn reaper; I always have to go fast speedlings now because otherwise the reapers are too big of a threat.

5. captmomo

captmomo Senior member

btw, try sin and punishment 2 if you've got the chance.

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

lol. i'm really slow with video games now. still playing ffxiii. I actually started to enjoy it starting with ch 5. I'm on 9 now. Still haven't bothered with the upgrading weapons thing which i've read about and kinda find annoying. Will probably wait a bit more and look up a guide for it because i don't care and just want to upgrade one weapon from each person enough and then not worry about it. I'm not gonna farm and hunt for ultimate shit

I spent an afternoon farming eden and got all my character's weapons maxed at level 2. Never bothered witt the trapezohedron to upgrade to ultimate weapon. There was no point. The crystarium expands after you've finished the game and you can go back and kill big walking turtles and some other shit, but bleh, it's not worth the effort.

The game was quite pretty but I found a hard time caring about any of the characters or what was going on. Sazh and dodge was just annoying. The whole Snow/Sarah thing was too melodramatic. Lightning was smoking though. Def would smash!

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I just want blizz to drop some diablo 3 info my way... I am withholding a computer purchase until I get some spec info.

Blizzard never tends to code for the absolute best computers at the time of release. I'm sure anything you buy now would be fine, even if you get a midrange video card.

8. fffffut

fffffut Senior member

The amount of TF2 updates is ridiculous, I think they jumped the shark when they started allowing people to craft their own weapons, apparently 'moderation' is not in their dictionary.

updates kind of ruined it
    tf2 had its simplicity going for it, but now i think people just play to get hats

9. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

The game was quite pretty but I found a hard time caring about any of the characters or what was going on.
    Sums up what's wrong with RPGs nowadays.

Lighting = female Squall Leonhart.

10. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Just came across a presentation some guy did for school on videogaming, which has now become a series in the vein of Yahtzee (the guy's style is slightly inspired from him, though he acknowledges this). Pretty interesting though as it somewhat answered a question I've been wondering lately about the lack of good storylines in videogames, well presented too.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

11. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

12. AFG34

AFG34 Senior member

i don't really game much but was thinking of getting ps3 or xbox360 for FIFA 10'
    played it at a friend's house and it was really fun

I don't care much to do research
    which system should i get?

13. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

i don't really game much but was thinking of getting ps3 or xbox360 for FIFA 10'
    played it at a friend's house and it was really fun

I don't care much to do research
    which system should i get?

I'd say the PS3 in case you don't already have a bluray player, obviously the difference in game titles will not really push you to a decision.

14. word

word Senior member

i don't really game much but was thinking of getting ps3 or xbox360 for FIFA 10' played it at a friend's house and it was really fun I don't care much to do research which system should i get?
    Get a system your friends have so you can play with them online or to borrow games from each other.

15. breakz

breakz Senior member

Get a system your friends have so you can play with them online or to borrow games from each other.

Too right. No point in getting a system if you'll be playing it alone.