Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. johnspells

johnspells New Member

I love playing video games. the mario galaxy , Final fantasy, God of war 3 all are my favourite. They had a very good graphics and story line. They are easy to play and I always get addicted to it. Other games are also nice like new avatar is also good game to play.

2. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Gears of War 4: Dust to Dust....[​IMG]

Did you see the change in Dom here, it seems he really depressed about having to kill his wife. Everyone looks a lot older in this one. I think this will be the last one they make and I'm sure they'll answer a lot of quesitons.

3. dusty

dusty Senior member

Did people really have questions about the Gears of War plot?

4. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

I recently played through Final Fantasy 1. Not as hard as when I was 8 or 9 . . .

5. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

The storyline, yes. What's going on with Marcus' father? What role did he play with the Locust? Where did the humans go after they sank Jacinto? What's going to happen with Dom now that his wife is dead. Will there be another Carmine??

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I recently played through Final Fantasy 1. Not as hard as when I was 8 or 9 . . .

What did you play it on?

7. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

8. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Lmao, but who is the master chief REALLY?

9. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Fable II is free right now. Go to games on demand -> all downloads. You have to follow this path on XBox Live for it to work. No doubt this is a mistake and will be fixed soon, maybe even just a few hrs. I just downloaded it. For some reason Live thinks your Xbox already downloaded it before, hence, it thinks you already own it. I got to the ingame menu screen just to check and it works. Edit: I'm hearing now that it's only part of the game and was mislabeled as the full game. I feel cheated.

10. asobu

asobu Senior member

got my hands on a super cheap copy of Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars to DS and it works really well with the "drag and lift" interface (as opposed to point-and-click). I've only played a short part of the beginning so far, and although I miss rolf saxon this will likely bring me great joy and pleasure. Now if they could just skip the the 3D business and make a new game like this, exclusive to the DS...

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

HOLY CRAP!!!! How could I have missed that the original Final Fight was released on Xbox Live???!!!!

"Oh My Car!"

12. oman

oman Senior member

for anyone in here who is a fan of X-COM, 2k marin (developer of bioshock) has announced an x-com shooter lord knows why they want to move away from the tactical-style gameplay of old, but whatever maybe they were inspired by bethesda's reworked fallout game

13. breakz

breakz Senior member

lord knows why they want to move away from the tactical-style gameplay of old, but whatever

That's easy: tactical-style games don't sell. FPSes do.

14. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Company of Heroes counts I s'pose, even though it is an RTS. I guess not so much in the traditional sense. Though RTS and tactical games are much harder to make than FPSes, for obvious reasons.

15. oman

oman Senior member

but why label it x-com, then? why go through the hassle of reviving a dead license? what possible fanbase would you be tapping into? every person who knows the x-com name (and there aren't many) will be extremely jaded about this, the same way the fallout community was initially pissed off to hear about 3 - especially considering this has been tried before with x-com enforcer, which was terrible no, the decision makes very little sense