Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Kai

Kai Senior member

I'm currently hooked on Mount and Blade: Warband.

Very fun Medieval combat game.

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

Was trying to get back into Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge the this weekend. Man, I must have had no life as a kid. Character creation in that game takes hours and hours, not to mention once the game actually starts it's the most tedious and difficult roleplaying game in history.

I deleted it and started playing Might and Magic: World of Xeen instead heheh.

edit: Although, I always wanted to try Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant....may give that one a go if it's less tedious than 6.

3. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I just got into a F2P (Free to Play) MMORPG Allods; a WoW knockoff that's actually very polished for an essentially free game. It's currently in Open Beta, but even as a beta I've run into very few problems. It's a great way to use up a large chunk of time if that's your thing. A lot of really nice players too, I've had high levels walk me through some very tough quests and they were more than happy to help a noob.

That said, I can't imagine it being as good as WoW for end level content and dungeons...Still, it's free and doesn't suck!

4. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

This will have 4 player co-op. God its a year away but I'm sure it will be f-ing awesome!

5. whiteslashasian

This will have 4 player co-op. God its a year away but I'm sure it will be f-ing awesome!

Gears of War 4: Dust to Dust....[​IMG]

6. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Gears of War 4: Dust to Dust....[​IMG]

Its part 3, but what's the problem. This series has been great.

7. whiteslashasian

Its part 3, but what's the problem. This series has been great.

I was just pointing out the obvious, and silly, subtitle choice to the following GoW game in the series. The one you linked is GoW3: Ashes to Ashes, it stands that Dust to Dust would follow.

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

My xbox live name is Hank Strongberg if anyone wants to add me. The only game i play online is NCAA Football 10 at the moment. Would love to play someone in it if they have it as well. Just got live like 2 weeks ago

9. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I was just pointing out the obvious, and silly, subtitle choice to the following GoW game in the series. The one you linked is GoW3: Ashes to Ashes, it stands that Dust to Dust would follow.

[​IMG] How do you guys put up with my dumbness?

10. steviecakes

steviecakes Senior member

any recs for wii games? i got house of the dead overkill and enjoyed it. other than that the wii has been collecting dust save for a few wii sports sessions with friends

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

any recs for wii games? i got house of the dead overkill and enjoyed it. other than that the wii has been collecting dust save for a few wii sports sessions with friends

Mario Kart is fun. Not the best mario kart game, but you can play it online. If you like golf, I've been playing the shit out of Tiger Woods. Other than that, there isn't anything SUPER incredible. At least not until the next Zelda game comes out. [​IMG]
    Oh, Super Mario Galaxy II comes out in April or May. I think that is going to be a great game.

12. whiteslashasian

Zelda Twilight Princess?

13. breakz

breakz Senior member

I've heard good things about Super Paper Mario. And if I owned a Wii I'd be playing No More Heroes.

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Oh. I forgot but has anyone figured out how to play Final Fantasy IV After Years on ROM or computer or something? I don't have a wii to download it on that wii thing but it's only snes graphics so it should be possible. Really really want to play even if it's not supposed to be world shattering. I would love that boost of nostalgia and more story with those characters.

Also, still only like 4-5chapters in on FFXIII because that online dynasty ncaa 10 has been taking up time and i've been busy at work. Still have enjoyed it for the most part and think the story is very well crafted. The linear nature, no towns/exploration, battle system and other little things i'm not a huge fan of but it's still a good game. If it was released under a different title i think it'd be in contention for game of the year with ME2 and god of war3 and all that stuff

15. javyn

javyn Senior member

PM your email chrono, I will hook you up.