Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. dusty

dusty Senior member

Yeah I really miss lightgun games.

2. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

Sigh.. I play it way too much.

j, you have PS3 right? Download the beta for MAG and see if you like it (beta is free). It's very teamplay oriented, and I read that it's really good.

Anyone playing Darksiders? can't decide if I want to pick it up or not.

Love Darksiders......reminds me of Zelda in a strange way but I was a huge zelda fanboy.....I can picture the golden cartridge behind the Toys R Us plexi right now.....oh the memories

3. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

So...any comments on Assassin's Creed 2? Enjoyed the first one, should I get this one?

AC2 is what AC1 should have been. Read some reviews, they will all tell you that it was a good game.

+1 on AC 2 being awwwesome and >> than AC1. I played AC1 and really liked it despite all of its short comings, but AC2 is a whole 'nother level.

4. Alias

Alias Senior member

My copy of Mass Effect 2 (collector's edition!) came in yesterday and I played it for the first time. Holy crap it is awesome. I miss the deeper rpg elements Bioware had in their games from 5 years ago but I can forgive them because they've kept the in-game Codex and the planetary exploration is relaxing, almost therapeutic.

So far, ME vs ME2:

+ No inventory! Well you still get a quasi-inventory of alternate weapon selections, armor customization and your medi-gel (now required for using the Unity power) but this is a huge plus for me since I hated ME's inventory, which sucked even on the PC.

+ No Mako! That thing was total crap and made planetary exploration even more of a hassle than it should have been.

+ Better graphics! Better animations!

+ The sound on the PC version doesn't suck and isn't buggy!

+ Shepard is even more bad-ass, even as a Paragon!

I could throw out some negatives but I'd just be nit-picking. Great game.

5. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I pre-ordered Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC through Steam and have access to the Beta testing. There are some bugs but that's to be expected from a Beta, but overall it's a lot of fun. Spent 4 hours last night and jumped up 6 ranks! I think I'm addicted...[​IMG]

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Is the mass effect series similar to Fallout 3 in gameplay, exploration and development? I really didn't like fallout 3 that much.

7. breakz

breakz Senior member

^^ Speaking of which, Fallout: Las Vegas teased today; releasing in fall 2010. I won't be going there again.

8. asobu

asobu Senior member

Oendan is my favorite DS game ever, but I lost it a few years ago. Hoping to find another copy (or the sequel) used for dirt cheap, no luck so far. [​IMG]

9. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Is the mass effect series similar to Fallout 3 in gameplay, exploration and development? I really didn't like fallout 3 that much.

Not even close.

Fallout is a single contiguous world with no boundaries; ME and ME2 are directed and heavily scripted. As a result, you have less freedom but more cinematic scope.

Fallout is def. the better RPG; Mass Effect is more like a really cool sci-fi movie; however there are some really strong character interactions with some really neat NPCs.

10. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I'm flabbergasted when people say they didn't like Fallout 3. It was so close to my ideal video game.

11. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

my roommate and I beat the new super mario bros on wii this weekend on 2 player co-op play. Pretty fun i guess.

And I bought a DS hack card... screw buying these games [​IMG]

12. asobu

asobu Senior member

^download oendan. i just picked up the sequel yesterday and it's awesome, just like the first game.

13. thomazzz

thomazzz Well-Known Member

I'm flabbergasted when people say they didn't like Fallout 3. It was so close to my ideal video game.

+1 on that one. Although I will say that I had to take a break from games of such depth and personal involvement after deciding to finish Fallout 3. Needed something mindless and fast; luckily Modern Warfare 2 came out Just as I finished so I'm now hooked on the multiplayer.

I've been thinking about getting Civilization Revolution for PS3. Anyone played it? opinions?

14. dusty

dusty Senior member

I enjoyed Fallout but I can certainly see somebody not liking it or that style of game. It requires a large time commitment to get the full value, eventually all quests become repetitive despite varied story threads, item management can feel like a chore, VATS was stupid, etc. Plus some people prefer a more linear, goal-oriented experience.

15. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

^download oendan. i just picked up the sequel yesterday and it's awesome, just like the first game.

never heard of it. Not on gamefaqs... Cliffs notes on the game