Video Games

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Brian SD, Nov 7, 2007.

1. mikey34

mikey34 Senior member

thanks for the summary brian, sounds sick. I haven't played/beated a final fantasy game since x, I think I'm going to give this one a try.

2. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Where do you guys go for video game stuff online? I don't check every day but usually once every other week i check to see reviews of recent games, previews, and some other news.

I just read Penny Arcade and check Game Trailers.com every few weeks.

3. asobu

asobu Senior member

As per christmas tradition, I started a new round of Silent Hill 2. I don't think I finished it last year, and this time around I'd be surprised if I get through half. Seems like my nerves are not what they used to be.

4. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Damn. I was hoping you'd be my insight into how the game was [​IMG]

I'll just wait patiently. Hopefully, i'll have the new zelda game to keep me busy for awhile. Hell, i'll probably have beaten ff13 by the time dragonquest ix actually is released

WTF. Why did ign.com change their layout. It wasn't great before but it's sooooo awful now. I can't find anything and there are no easy to read tables for previews/reviews like their used to be. Everything is super cluttered with bigger font and more pictures to where it sucks to navigate.

Where do you guys go for video game stuff online? I don't check every day but usually once every other week i check to see reviews of recent games, previews, and some other news.

I just got the new Zelda game on the DS for Christmas, only just played the first hour or so, so far. I didn't finish the Phantom Hour Glass, but I think thats more to do with me rarely playing the DS than to do with the game. I love all the Zelda games, but as it's been mentioned OoT was the best! So far the new one is OK, too early to really judge though.

Oh, and for game news, I love Kotaku, but if you're only checking every other week, there might be too much to catch up on.

5. dusty

dusty Senior member

I'm a good way through Spirit Tracks. It's not bad but I can't help thinking how Nintendo keeps fucking up otherwise good games with their gimmicky controls. The graphics and environments are also a little sparse, presumably due to hardware limitations, which hurts the game's charm. There has been some good dungeon design so far though, especially the ice one.

6. Alias

Alias Senior member

Mass Effect 2 out in 30 days. I can't wait uhgggnghghgggffff

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

"Name three out of the five office supplies." "Umm, hamburger?" "Wrong." "Huh?"

8. r...

r... Senior member

Nick had the best kids challenge shows.

9. Psyren

Psyren Senior member

Wish I had my PS3 in Japan (would need a TV too).

This whole country is going to have a raging boner next week when FF13 comes out and I won't be able to take part in the collective jerking off.

What do you think of Japan btw? Was thinking of checking it out or something.

10. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Mass Effect 2 out in 30 days. I can't wait uhgggnghghgggffff

I'm definitely picking up ME2. I picked up ME1 late in the piece, half price. I liked it a lot, but the game play became very repetitive quite quickly for all the side missions, and for a completionist like me, they had to be done! If ME2 retains the great story telling, but fixes up those side missions, I will be very happy.

11. cpaik

cpaik New Member

I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins right now (first BioWare game I've played--yeah.. I know). Definitely looking forward to ME2

12. breakz

breakz Senior member

Let's set "plot" aside for the following sentences. Okay, here we go: Braid is absolutely amazing. One of the best games I've ever played. It's an adventure game pretending to be a run-and-jump 2D game. Each world has a unique set of rules, and solving each puzzle requires a lot of thought and patience. It's also dense with activity: every element in a given level serves some purpose. There are no superfluous fetch quests or doors that only open after speaking to a random townperson. The homages to the Mario series, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi's Island are also great. The plot is the only dead weight here (haven't finished the game yet though) but I don't pay much attention to plot anyway. So: I recommend Braid very, very strongly. Other games: --Pixeljunk Shooters is more like Monsters than Eden; water/lava effects are nice but the game is not unique like Eden. I'm actually disappointed by it. --Noby Noby Boy is interesting, more of a tech demo than a game. It has a Garry's Mod feel, there's a bunch of nuttiness going on. I'll be surprised if Girl ever reaches Pluto at this rate.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Oh snap. You're going to make brian cum all over himself and talk about braid all day [​IMG]

14. javyn

javyn Senior member

Trial version of Resident Evil Regeneration on my LG enV Touch.

15. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Could someone tell me why people on Xbox 360 use the words "Nigger" & "Rape" so much. I just don't understand it. [​IMG]