• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vicuna Coat from Boardwalk Empire--Poll: Keep it or Sell it?

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
Without going into the details of how I acquired one of the two Vicuna coats made for the HBO show Boardwalk Empire, pictured below on Mr. Buscemi, should I keep it or sell it? I even have the tailors instruction sheet showing it was made for BW empire, and all of the details. Honestly it is such an expensive piece that I worry every time I wear it. I own a custom made British Warm from 22oz Camel Hair, a New and Lingwood Covert Coat, and a Black Cashmere Alexander McQueen 3/4 length overcoat. Despite owning these fine coats, I am wearing the vicuna today! So, keep it or sell it?
esq-boardwalk-empire-season-finale-120610-xlg.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I would keep that for sure. What size is it?

Mike

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
That is what the tailor told me. I know what Mr. Scorsese paid for the goods and it is consistent with the tailors claim.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should sell it.... to me.
devil.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha awesome... It looks beautiful. I'm going the be the rude one and ask, how much did you pay for it?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That coat is awesome. Is it a 42??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I might get to wear it twice a year, but that thing is almost worth moving to a colder climate for.

Mike

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
It is a 38S. I am not going to discuss what I paid for it. There is an exact copy of my British Warm in the show also but they copied that from me after hearing me order it. The British Warm is almost too warm.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junkyard_sal
It is a 38S. I am not going to discuss what I paid for it. There is an exact copy of my British Warm in the show also but they copied that from me after hearing me order it. The British Warm is almost too warm.

Good, that means I can't possibly wear it.
laugh.gif

Steve is a 38S? They make him look taller on TV, I guess.

Mike

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junkyard_sal

It's my size, too! You should definitely sell it to me. Providence is trying to send you (and me!) a message.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pebblegrain
http://www.webmarketingexperts.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sorts-of-spam.jpg

Are you trying to take over from Reevolving and Hermes Man to be the most obnoxious guy on the forum?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice!

Keep that bad boy and buy up the rest of his wardrobe.

I would like to see you rock the removeable collars
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads