• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vicuna Coat from Boardwalk Empire--Poll: Keep it or Sell it?

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
Without going into the details of how I acquired one of the two Vicuna coats made for the HBO show Boardwalk Empire, pictured below on Mr. Buscemi, should I keep it or sell it? I even have the tailors instruction sheet showing it was made for BW empire, and all of the details. Honestly it is such an expensive piece that I worry every time I wear it. I own a custom made British Warm from 22oz Camel Hair, a New and Lingwood Covert Coat, and a Black Cashmere Alexander McQueen 3/4 length overcoat. Despite owning these fine coats, I am wearing the vicuna today! So, keep it or sell it?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, I would keep that for sure. What size is it?

Mike

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
That is what the tailor told me. I know what Mr. Scorsese paid for the goods and it is consistent with the tailors claim.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should sell it.... to me.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha awesome... It looks beautiful. I'm going the be the rude one and ask, how much did you pay for it?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That coat is awesome. Is it a 42??

I might get to wear it twice a year, but that thing is almost worth moving to a colder climate for.

Mike

bigchris1313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by junkyard_sal
I am an easy going guy. I will let the photo speak for itself in response to your accusation.

WINRAR!!

junkyard_sal

Reaction score
It is a 38S. I am not going to discuss what I paid for it. There is an exact copy of my British Warm in the show also but they copied that from me after hearing me order it. The British Warm is almost too warm.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a 38S. I am not going to discuss what I paid for it. There is an exact copy of my British Warm in the show also but they copied that from me after hearing me order it. The British Warm is almost too warm.

Good, that means I can't possibly wear it.

Steve is a 38S? They make him look taller on TV, I guess.

Mike

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's my size, too! You should definitely sell it to me. Providence is trying to send you (and me!) a message.

Originally Posted by pebblegrain
http://www.webmarketingexperts.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sorts-of-spam.jpg

Are you trying to take over from Reevolving and Hermes Man to be the most obnoxious guy on the forum?

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 69 17.7%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 128 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 67 17.2%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 26 6.7%