1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vicodin and a glass of wine

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by alexwgoody, Apr 18, 2011.

1. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

Hey, so I have to take vicodin after being hit by a car a few weeks ago to dull the pain in my neck, and tonight happens to be passover. I will be attending a sedar and am wondering if it is alright to have 1 or 2 glasses of wine. When the sedar starts it will have been about 4 hours since I took the pill. I am 5'11 165lbs if that helps. I have no intention of getting drunk or anything, but It is a holiday and a glass of wine is definitely a part of the sedar. A lot of what I find on google is about drinking a lot and not very helpful.

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

What is your question? Whether you can mix the two? Hell yeah, just don't drive.

3. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

Yes, about mixing them.I have no plan to drive, I just don't want to end surprisingly drunk from 1 glass or not feeling well. I've never had to take vicodin before and am a little concerned

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Yes, about mixing them.I have no plan to drive, I just don't want to end surprisingly drunk from 1 glass or not feeling well. I've never had to take vicodin before and am a little concerned

Wait, why is this undesirable?

5. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

You will feel multiplied effects so just take it slow. I doubt you won't be able to handle it just drink real slow.

6. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

you'll be fine.

I prefer to mix the two (in the very rare occasions I get vicodin from the doctor)

7. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

I don't really want to make a fool of myself in front of the rabbi. I'm actually starting a business and am trying to get some support from him so I'll be chatting him up all night and can't really be drunk for that

8. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I think Vicodin are tablets and not capsules, right?

Why don't you try 1/2 a tablet, if you are drinking some wine, and see if the pain is handled.

If it is, no more Vicodin needed.

9. bwonger06

bwonger06 Senior member

The acetaminophen in Vicodin does not go well with alcohol (hence why people take ibuprofen for hangovers instead of tylenol). If you can, I would avoid it or take some Advil instead.

10. mmadha

mmadha Senior member

The acetaminophen in Vicodin does not go well with alcohol (hence why people take ibuprofen for hangovers instead of tylenol). If you can, I would avoid it or take some Advil instead.

This is normally the convention because acetaminophen adds to liver damage of a hard night of drinking and, to my knowledge, has nothing to do with strange drug interactions. However, you might want to double-check.

In your position I would only drink a single glass of wine and continue to take the requisite medication. Also, how much alcohol can Manischewitz possibly have?

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

There are actually some really well-made kosher wines marketed for Passover now. It's not all Manishevitz.

12. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

It always ends up being Manischewitz, but anyway. I had 2 glasses and felt way too much for just the 2, but I feel fine now, I feel like if I had much more I'd have gotten shit faced

13. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

14. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Glad everythng turned out ok. But I'd ask my doctor or pharmacist next time.

15. beaconshome

beaconshome Active Member

I remember when I was in the hospital and had 8 vicodin in one day! It was great. I would do anything to get my hands on some vicodin right now and od on that with my antidepressants.

16. Eponym

Eponym Well-Known Member

[​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] = [​IMG]
    ????? = Talk to Rabbi?

17. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

a couple glasses of wine and a vicodin is like peanut butter and jelly!!! hahaha

(jsut dont drive)

18. Bartolo

Bartolo Senior member

Glad everythng turned out ok. But I'd ask my doctor or pharmacist next time.

Ummmm tell me a physician or pharmacist who's going to endorse the OP's plan [​IMG]

19. Godot

Godot Senior member

There are non alcoholic Kosher wines. These are not great, but give the appearance of drinking while remaining sober. You could bring a bottle to the event.
    Mixing controlled substances with alcohol is rarely a terrific idea.

20. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Ummmm tell me a physician or pharmacist who's going to endorse the OP's plan [​IMG]

You wanna make sure that it won't kill you