1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Viccel.com socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BareSolid, Oct 5, 2009.

1. jdp234

jdp234 Senior Member

Regular winter, true to size, over the calf. No problems with them falling down after many wears.

@Viccel Socks I second the poster up thread asking for more muted, less saturated colors. I would definitely buy dark burgundy and deep plum purple socks. The claret and dark purple are far too bright and saturated.

2. WildBlueYonder

WildBlueYonder Member

Have you tried their regular winter weight ones? What made you choose the heavier ones? I would wear them with brogues and oxfords, not boots.

@jdp234 Do you find the regular ones to be too delicate?

3. marker2037

marker2037 Senior Member

Trust me, the "heavy" is not heavy at all. Yes I also have the bi-color over the calf in regular winter weight. Unless you are used to nylon thin socks, then I would stick to the heavy. There's nothing winter about these IMO, and they are definitely not boot sock thickness.

4. jdp234

jdp234 Senior Member

The regular winter weight is not delicate at all. It is a sturdy cotton. Not thin by any means. And it is in fact a little heavy for summer wear here in TX, I am thinking about getting some mid calf socks from Viccel to get a little more airflow going. I think the winter weight is a reasonable year round option for anyone in a temperate climate, and it is tolerable even in the dead of summer. Just not ideal for summer imo.

5. Proleet

Proleet Active Member

This. Some of the viccel colors are really too vibrant for my taste. A true mid blue that’s not too vibrant would be great. Same as a nice burgundy, dark green, dark purple. I’d also love a true mid to dark grey.