• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regular winter, true to size, over the calf. No problems with them falling down after many wears.

@Viccel Socks I second the poster up thread asking for more muted, less saturated colors. I would definitely buy dark burgundy and deep plum purple socks. The claret and dark purple are far too bright and saturated.

WildBlueYonder

Reaction score
I live in the Caribbean. Heavy Winter Weight for sure. They are not thick socks at all. Yes, I bought mine TTS and I like the fit. A little tight getting them over and off my heel, but they is to be expected with 100% cotton.
Have you tried their regular winter weight ones? What made you choose the heavier ones? I would wear them with brogues and oxfords, not boots.

@jdp234 Do you find the regular ones to be too delicate?

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trust me, the "heavy" is not heavy at all. Yes I also have the bi-color over the calf in regular winter weight. Unless you are used to nylon thin socks, then I would stick to the heavy. There's nothing winter about these IMO, and they are definitely not boot sock thickness.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried their regular winter weight ones? What made you choose the heavier ones? I would wear them with brogues and oxfords, not boots.

@jdp234 Do you find the regular ones to be too delicate?

The regular winter weight is not delicate at all. It is a sturdy cotton. Not thin by any means. And it is in fact a little heavy for summer wear here in TX, I am thinking about getting some mid calf socks from Viccel to get a little more airflow going. I think the winter weight is a reasonable year round option for anyone in a temperate climate, and it is tolerable even in the dead of summer. Just not ideal for summer imo.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regular winter, true to size, over the calf. No problems with them falling down after many wears.

@Viccel Socks I second the poster up thread asking for more muted, less saturated colors. I would definitely buy dark burgundy and deep plum purple socks. The claret and dark purple are far too bright and saturated.

This. Some of the viccel colors are really too vibrant for my taste. A true mid blue that’s not too vibrant would be great. Same as a nice burgundy, dark green, dark purple. I’d also love a true mid to dark grey.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Viccel Socks

Hey, I can't reach support on email previously. My order is VCK001520033667, and the discount cannot be applied for some reason, can you get someone to check my email and apply the discount or cancel my order please? Thank you!

I've been using the OTC Wool/Silk and I far prefer them over the cotton personally. I wish they had a lighter gray.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Hi,

We started brand new page,
https://www.viccel.us
Hope you will like it but please share your thoughts about new page,
Your coupon code is IamStyleforumMember to get 20% discount.

wish you happy days with your family and friends.

I think the site looks much better, but I have a suggestion. It would simplify the process if you simply had a separate page for each color sock, and then there was a dropdown box to choose the texture/pattern.

In other words, instead of having separate pages for each different charcoal pattern, just a single page, and add "pattern" as a user-selected option beneath size and length including all available patterns for solid charcoal socks.

flvinny521

Reaction score
actually good idea coz we are thinking of make shopping process shorter, your idea will help us.
as an example for Navy Blue
https://viccel.us/product-category/colors/navy-blue/
for all(will be) colors
https://viccel.us/product-category/socks/colors/

right ?
thank you very much

I was thinking a little bit different.

For example, this page - https://viccel.us/product/navy-blue/

Under the sections to choose size, length, and weight, have another field for pattern. You could include the photos of the navy blue color in all patterns and label them. You'd then have only one page for all solid navy blue socks.

Or, as an alternative: have one page for each pattern, and then allow the customer to choose the solid color or color combo. So, one page for "Brick Texture" with options for color, size, length and weight.

The navigation would be Home>Socks>Patterns>Brick and every Brick textured color would be present on that single page. Then Home>Socks>Pattern>Fish Skin and show every Fish Skin color. Home>Socks>Solid for a single page including every solid color. Again, the color would simply be selected in a drop-down box or in a field like your size and length selections currently.

I'm sorry I'm not able to photoshop some ideas to illustrate.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
I think I got this time, we are working on selecting size globally but you think different and will be much faster for clients. but this will take time to show you ;) but we will for sure.

Thank you for your time and good idea

flvinny521

Reaction score
I think I got this time, we are working on selecting size globally but you think different and will be much faster for clients. but this will take time to show you ;) but we will for sure.

Thank you for your time and good idea

Glad to be of some help. I am not a big time customer but I do plan to order more Viccel dress socks whenever I need some new pairs.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
It's not about quantity we see the business to have chance to meet new nice people like you.

We try to keep improving what we do with your valuable thoughts.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
@KemalOnyurt I just tried using the discount code provided on the website but got this error: Coupon "30discount" does not exist!
Is this a known error?
Hello, There's no error, "30discount" coupon is avaiable till 15 July, all prices will be 30%Discounted with this code,if you have any problem on code please mail us [email protected] we'll solve that ASAP,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads