• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

joorinainen

Reaction score
Received my order week and a half from ordering to Northern Europe. Free shipping. Everything as described.

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How thick are the Winter Weighted socks and would they handle 4 seasons better than the Summer Weighted? I live here in Chicago, and I'd rather have a slightly thicker sock in the summer than a thinner sock in the winter. Hopefully that makes sense.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are chunky enough that you want nothing to do with a Chicago summer in them

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends, I use my OTCs WW basically year round, but it is ~25C during summer here. Any warmer and I use thinner socks.

Bazsy

Reaction score
Depends, I use my OTCs WW basically year round, but it is ~25C during summer here. Any warmer and I use thinner socks.

Same here. Up to 25 it should be OK. If you work in an office with AC its also fine.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
We want to inform you that we have just started special End of Summer Sale. Till 15th of September 30% Sale will be applied to all Viccel socks

If you order more than 10 pairs of socks you will get most valuable socks as free.

Galix

Reaction score
Regarding delivery time, it took just one week since I ordered several pairs until I got them home in Northern Europe. Very satisfied.

joedo

Reaction score
Hooray for the sale! How do you guys find the heavy winter cotton, heavy merino, and wool-silk compare in warmth?

bloodybrilliant

Reaction score
Horray for the sale +1.

I mostly go for the dress socks with winter, that's totally sufficient if you have a normal office job. There's no need to go for the winter winter stuff

flvinny521

Reaction score
Does anybody find that their wool socks shrink significantly? I bought wool and cotton in the same size, and washed them the same number of times (six or seven). I use cold water wash and hang them dry, never in a dryer. The wool socks no longer fit over my heel and they now only come up to mid-calf, as opposed to over the calf when I first bought them.

saepnirg12

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble getting responses from Viccel?

A little annoyed that my order placed 2 weeks ago is still marked on the website as having a shipping state of "preparing". Emails have gone unanswered too.

Aerostat

Reaction score
I was pretty worried like you are now when I ordered my socks over a year ago. It takes a long time but your socks will eventually show up, they always do. Go read through this thread and you will see that that is just part of the Viccel experience.

bloodybrilliant

Reaction score
I was pretty worried like you are now when I ordered my socks over a year ago. It takes a long time but your socks will eventually show up, they always do. Go read through this thread and you will see that that is just part of the Viccel experience.

That's definitly true.

xizenta

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has tried ordering custom sizing socks yet.

I wrote Viccel a while ago and asked about custom sizing socks for bigger ankles and calves. I have bigger calves and ankles and the size 12 sock fits me well in the foot but it is really hard to get on and off because of the size of my ankle/heel. They made me a custom pattern and shipped it to me and I was totally satisfied!

I asked them how I can order more socks like that in the future and they said the pattern was saved for me to be used on my future orders.

Well, I ordered 11 socks on September 1, 2016. Received September 19, 2016. Very very sad to see that this many pairs were delivered and did NOT come in my special sizing this time. They are all so very tight!

I wrote them an e-mail upon receipt of the delivery, 09/19/16 but no one has replied. Very happy with the quality of Viccel socks especially in my custom fit, but they might not get the sizing straight again on future orders!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads