1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viccel.com socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BareSolid, Oct 5, 2009.

1. viator

viator Senior member

I'm hoping for more colors, though. (And I hope they won't accidentally be washed with the cotton socks, although I guess they'll survive that once or twice.)
    How do you recommend washing them?

2. KemalOnyurt

KemalOnyurt Senior member

How do you recommend washing them?
    Can be washed as inside out in the machine with slow speed at 30C but more secure is hand washing.

3. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

I got my first pair the other day. They are a bit thinner than I thought they would be. I just hope that in the future they can maybe get some patterns to liven up things a little.

4. Tarlee

Tarlee Well-Known Member

I like Viccel socks so much I wish I had more feet.

Got my first mid calf pairs a couple of weeks ago. I had been worried based on some comments here that they might be too thin. They're not; they're sheer but feel great. I got only one pair of claret but have ordered three more along with gold and green. They have a terrific lustre. I've tried air drying and machine drying. No shrinkage either way. Highly recommended.

5. KemalOnyurt

I like Viccel socks so much I wish I had more feet.
    Thank you we like that [​IMG]

6. unjung

unjung Senior member

Ordered mine January 8th and they arrived today. Not too, too bad. They look good at first glance, I will try them on tonight.

7. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

Been wearing the cotton ones for a while now and very pleased with them. They are perfect for the climate where I am (hot and muggy) and it may be a placebo effect but my feet don't stink so much at the end of the day [​IMG] Looking forward to trying out the wool/silk ones soon!

8. imwithtuxedo

imwithtuxedo Senior member

Kemal,

Will you be offering socks with patterns instead of just solid colors?

9. KemalOnyurt

Kemal,

Will you be offering socks with patterns instead of just solid colors?

Yes for sure but need time. We have started trial production but have to work more.

10. FPMBAT

FPMBAT Well-Known Member

Anybody have any comments on the Viccel socks vs Pantherella? I have ordered some from both companies and am waiting for my orders to arrive. Curious other peoples opinions.

11. unjung

unjung Senior member

First day opinion: cotton over-the-calfs are a bit long... they reach my knee caps. A bit thin as already posted. Comfortable and good fit otherwise. Best socks available for the price. I will try the wool/silk ones soon.

12. rjt65

rjt65 Well-Known Member

I just placed an order for 7 pairs,a few each of mid calf and some OTC

Looking forward to them and will post my thoughts after trying

regards

13. KemalOnyurt

Been wearing the cotton ones for a while now and very pleased with them. They are perfect for the climate where I am (hot and muggy) and it may be a placebo effect but my feet don't stink so much at the end of the day [​IMG] Looking forward to trying out the wool/silk ones soon!
    [​IMG] I think its not just placebo effect coz they worked for my son too. He is almost 3 years old now and his feet were used to stink like big guy and I produced socks for him and after using them his feet dont stink anymore.

14. AJR Journal

AJR Journal Well-Known Member

Excellent communication from Viccel, as the socks took a little while to arrive in Milwaukee from Turkey.
    They are excellent OTC socks. They fit perfectly, look fantastic, and seem durable.
    For other excellent socks, try Golf Knickers.com. They have even more selection and are excellent quality.

15. KemalOnyurt

Excellent communication from Viccel, as the socks took a little while to arrive in Milwaukee from Turkey.
    They are excellent OTC socks. They fit perfectly, look fantastic, and seem durable.
    For other excellent socks, try Golf Knickers.com. They have even more selection and are excellent quality.

We are always trying to keep connected with our customers. We listen them and listening makes our socks better. We do care about them thats why we dont use any synthetic.

16. Borrelli

Borrelli Senior member

Placed an order for 9 pairs in the winter variety. Look forward to getting them.

17. Sander

Sander Senior member

Received mine a few days ago, can only echo what others said:
    - look great, colors are rich and vibrant
    - even the winter ones are a little thin
    - even the "mid calf" reaches up to my knee
    - a little worried about the upper part - looks like it might unravel after a time

also:
    - big interest in loafer-sized summer socks!

18. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

also:
    - big interest in loafer-sized summer socks!

+1

19. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

Can someone give approximate measurements from the heel to the cuff for the mid-calves? I have no interest in knee-high socks.

20. sartorialexecutive

sartorialexecutive Well-Known Member

First day opinion: cotton over-the-calfs are a bit long... they reach my knee caps. A bit thin as already posted. Comfortable and good fit otherwise. Best socks available for the price. I will try the wool/silk ones soon.

No, your legs are too short [​IMG]