1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viccel.com socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BareSolid, Oct 5, 2009.

1. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

You might be over thinking this. Buy a pair or two and see what you think. I've ordered three times and am happy with what I've received. Also, if you use one of the discount links (20% off) and order 10 (buy 9 and you get one free) the cheapest are USD$7.50 or so.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. okayvin

okayvin Member

Any plans for producing underwear?

3. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Is the Styleforum discount over?

4. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Couldn't even begin to say. I've been waiting on an order since August lol...last handful of inquiries have been met with silence...

5. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Works for me. I don't get the message but if you go to the shop you'll see the prices slashed - at least for me.

This is ridiculous...

6. ericgereghty

@Spurious it is definitely considered a sunk cost for me at this point lol. It is unfortunate considering how well priced and generally well regarded they are here.

7. tsung

tsung Member

@ericgereghty Just wanted to let you know that even if there is no communication there is still hope. I ordered about a month ago and only gotten an email confirming the order was placed. Two days ago I went on the site to see the status of my order to find that it was still "being prepared" even though on the same afternoon I received my socks in the mail.

8. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

4 weeeks is within their time frame, 6 months not so much.

9. xizenta

xizenta Senior member

I had an order that took probably about three months. They just use the cheapest shipping possible. It's a total gamble.

10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Eric. Check where Viccel is, and then do a google maps to see how long it will take to physically walk there. It should give you an estimate of when the courier will arrive

1 person likes this.
  11. ericgereghty

LOL. Do I account for the Atlantic Ocean? If so, it's highly possible my brave deliverer drowned en route.

12. venividivicibj

He chose...poorly.

13. urban

urban Senior member

There are probably lost somewhere now. I am surprised Viccel never replied to you.
    Poor form on their end. I had all my 3 deliveries received so far.

14. ericgereghty

One might say his/her journey did not go...swimmingly

[​IMG]

15. venividivicibj

Have they had any sales recently?

16. Zeriman

Zeriman Active Member

For what its worth I have placed two orders and both were received. The last order was placed on February 17th and received yesterday on March 21st in California. Not bad for free shipping from the other side of the earth.

Your results may vary, but I like Viccel socks because they stay up. Most other brands are no long enough to cover my large calves. I wish they had more selection of colors for patterned socks though.

As for sales, I was provided a 20% off link which I was advised I could share with friends. So friends, enjoy: http://www.viccel.us/?CUST_ID=5494730

1 person likes this.
  17. ericgereghty

I wish I could reconsider, but having multiple orders fail to show, and eventually having email inquiries ignored, Viccel is dead to me...

I'd rather pay a bit more for customer service and confident expectation of delivery.

18. BenjaminZeev

BenjaminZeev Senior member

In my experience if you pay a little extra you can get socks that not only look nicer but feel much better. I say this having bought 16 pairs of viccel, I think it would have been wiser to buy 8 pair of something nicer. Also there are a lot more options in 100% cotton dress socks at viccel prices or lower than there were online a few years ago, or that is what I have observed.

19. venividivicibj

Any examples so I can check them out?

20. ericgereghty

Mes Chauttess Rouges (sp?)