1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viccel.com socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BareSolid, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Best socks ever! Will make my 40 pairs order now :)!

2. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

So around 10 days is about the standard delivery?

3. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

yep.

Order, pay, wait... and they should arrive within a couple of weeks.

4. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

Do packages ship UPS or USPS? Reason I ask is because it's been a while since I've placed my order and since the site doesn't update the order status I'm unsure where it is. A few days ago a UPS plain crashed in Birmingham and if it's shipped UPS it might have been on that plane since I'm about 2 hours away from Birmingham. Just wondering if it was lost in the crash or not

5. GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks Member

Can anyone tell me how these socks compare with Falke #4 silk and Falke #1 and #2 cashmere?

Thanks

6. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

It's USPS likely.

It's shipped Turkey's postal service then transfers to the local postal service in your country.

7. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

They just responded to my email the other day. Said it shipped last week, it'll take a few more weeks to get here. I'll just continue to wait

8. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

I haven't ordered from Viccel in about a year, far too many socks were torn on the elastic far too soon. The cotton held nicely but the elastic is poor. Now they're offering an even thicker option than the winter weight model so I got a pair of these. Nice and thick, we'll see how they hold up, though I have no high hopes anymore.

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

10. KemalOnyurt

KemalOnyurt Senior member

Thank you all for nice pictures,

Actually from the day 1 in 2009 we are keep listening our customer and keep improving our products depends your valuable comments. Some of mails can t be delivered to us coz of security issue but we have direct message writing in Viccel Page under write us button so you may use this part too.

Your happiness is the most importand thing for us.

Discount will be applied when you use any viccel link in styleforum.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  11. mactire

mactire Senior member

I've been wearing Viccel socks for about a year now and in terms of price/quality ratio I think they cannot be beaten especially for over the calf socks. After a years heavy wear, no holes or other issues, there's some fading around the heels and toes but this is unavoidable in any sock and irrelevant because they're not visible.

I'd love to see woolen socks as well as linen from them as well as more designs like herringbones and houndstooth patterns.

12. huskyzealot

huskyzealot Senior member

Just placed my first Viccel order -- made sure to get at least one of each weight (winter, heavy, summer, fine).

1 person likes this.
  13. denning

denning Senior member

Just received my order of winter weight over the calf socks. So far, I love the fit and quality (although I would like them a touch longer as I find the size 7 is 1.5 inches too short on my calf, they slide down my calves instead of staying up). The sizing was spot on, and for someone with smaller feet it is fantastic not having a heel up where my achilles tendon is.

I do have to say, that I am a touch disappointed in some of the colours. I ordered Dark Navy, Forest Green, Brown, Claret, and Egyptian Blue. The Egyptian Blue looks to be an electric cobalt-like blue on the website, but is a slightly lighter than navy blue in actuality. Not bad, just not exactly what I had been hoping for.

Overall, great quality and I will be ordering more shortly.

1 person likes this.
  14. quuz

quuz Senior member

Just ordered 5 pairs, these for me have been hit or miss. Some pairs have gotten holes really fast while others have held up for quite some time. However I do experience the same problem as denning with the OTC socks sliding down :(

15. RedMosquito

RedMosquito Member

[​IMG][/quote][/quote]

I love this photo. What camera did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thanks. Canon D60 with 50mm - f/1.8 lens (IIRC).

17. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Any one know if the dark navy blue on the website is the only navy blue (and hence photographed above) or if they are sold out of navy blue and don't have it up?

18. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

I ordered three pairs of viccel socks the last 26th of october and I haven't received them yet, I also sent a few mails to them asking about that and no answer.

Anyone had the same experience? Do you think that this is normal?

Many thanks,

19. quuz

quuz Senior member

I ordered mine on the 7th and they were shipped on the 11th

20. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

Thanks for your answer, so I think that something wrong must be happened but I don't know why viccel doesn't answer my mails.