1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Viccel.com socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BareSolid, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Pliny

Pliny Distinguished Member

nah -more than just being tough- the Merino I bought shrank to half size, no exaggeration, and have 5 holes after 5-10 wears. Paper socks more durable

2. sm332

sm332 Senior Member

Received four pairs in heavyweight cotton in quick time (out to Singapore). Colors are certainly lively, but havent taken to laundry particularly well.

Let see how long they last although I am not too optimistic based on what I am reading. Also very very long (almost reaching my knees) and yet still dont stay up over the course of the day.

Luckily not a very expensive mistake but I dont think I will be repeating orders.

3. zaxer

zaxer Active Member

Hate to do this but I think that the same way I talked great a recommended a lot of people the great socks that Viccel does, now I have to explain the current situation of their socks.

As you see in the picture, thats a Viccel Merino wool sock with a big hole in It, just in between the first and second toes. Unfortunately this is not the only Viccel sock that has ended like that, at least 5 other socks in a span of 3 months sported a hole like that after regular use. I thought It was just a bad batch of product but It happened with older and newer socks they all end up like that.

I've tried to talk to Viccel in the past in order to see if they acknowledge the problem and they can give me a solution but I've got no answer.

It's sad but I have to recommend not to buy Viccel socks, at least until they made a change to their products.

[​IMG]

EDIT: This socks have always been worn with Crockett and Jones, Carmina Albadalejo or Allen Edmonds shoes, so It can't be possible that It is the shoe (due to a bad finish) what is causing them to develop holes like that.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011

4. KemalOnyurt

KemalOnyurt Senior Member

First of all sorry for your socks.

Actually we are behind of what we produce

Normally we are trying to reply and solve all mails with in 24 hours.

send you pm to learn your e-mail address I will investigate the case.

there may server problem.
    waiting for your reply

5. onix

onix Distinguished Member

I don't see wool socks option anymore, am I mistaken?

6. Achilles_

Achilles_ Distinguished Member

Sounds like they did listen. I am impressed if they did indeed pull them due to quality concerns.

I will add that I have a wool pair that has held up for five wears and I have had no problems yet. The cotton ones I own are a year old and still going strong :)

7. zaxer

zaxer Active Member

I have just replied to your PM Kemal.

I sent you ([email protected]) two emails telling you about this problem, one the 7th of october and another one the 18th of october. I got no answer from neither of them.

8. Pliny

Pliny Distinguished Member

they gone yes.

9. cbfn

cbfn Distinguished Member

Can't wait for "Heavy Cotton Socks". After buying two pairs of WW cotton socks, I find them a bit on the thin side. Hopefully, the new socks will not dissapoint with regards to quality.

10. Galix

Galix Senior Member

Just received 5 pairs of thick cotton socks. They look very nice and fit well. The only problem so far is that they took forever to arrive (almost 1 month). I'll comment on quality and durability when I have more experience with them.

11. KemalOnyurt

of course we do listen all of you, we see you as a partner of Viccel.

and you are right, Sorry to say that we stoped producing merino socks and we had to remove merino socks from our page.
    As you know we dont use any syntheric material in our socks.
    We got some complains about merino socks and wool-silk socks.
    If you have old synthetic blended socks you may recognize that some area in socks even they have lost the natural fiber but nylon threads keep the socks as unholed.
    But as long as we dont use synthetic material and sometimes may develop holes .
    Hope you will understand us.

We almost finished the range of heavy winter socks in all colors except XL size in a few days I will inform you heavy winter.

thanks for following us

12. onix

onix Distinguished Member

Uh, that's too bad, since I always use wool socks (yes, even for summer, during which I use lightweights).

13. KemalOnyurt

We have added shop in Euro selection to our page
    [​IMG]

14. KemalOnyurt

"Why does a specifier make the decision to use polyester – or another synthetic – when all the data points to this fiber as being detrimental to the health and well being of the occupants? Why is there not a concerted cry for safe processing chemicals at the very least?"
    Full Text

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011

15. T007

T007 Active Member

Just got my order yesterday. Very pleased with the socks. 2 weeks from order to delivery...thank you!