• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I ordered on August 28th, when can I expect them?
Your Order Code is 5531

Depends entirely on customs delays. October would be likely.

Karl_in_Chicago

Reaction score
Nice looking socks and I like the feedback I've seen in this thread. Never would have heard about them if not for SF! Just ordered 5 pair of the winter cotton and looking forward to trying these out.

Teou

Reaction score
I am thinking of trying those Merino socks. I have easily 10 pairs of the cotton winter ones. They are durable and I have been wearing them more than a year. No holes. Slight fade in colour (expected).

Cant seem to order the Merino socks on the website.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn my one pair of summerweight socks like 12 times and today I noticed the first hole in the toe area. Disappoint.

Last edited:

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another of my wool socks have holes in the heel now.
I recommend that only cotton socks be purchased. . .

So the merinos' are also developing holes? I see some write wool (and I therefore assume the wool-silk socks) and others write merino. I can understand the the wool-silk socks can develope holes though, doesn't sound like a durable mix.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am thinking of trying those Merino socks. I have easily 10 pairs of the cotton winter ones. They are durable and I have been wearing them more than a year. No holes. Slight fade in colour (expected).
Cant seem to order the Merino socks on the website.

I wouldn't. Wool-silk and Merino Viccell I bought have holes after a few wears. The cotton have been good value, but they stretch so good idea to get slightly smaller size.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score

is there any implied warranty on Viccel Socks?
my cotton socks have held up great, but I have a pair of Merino Wool ones and they have a hole after only about 6 weeks.

Sue for breach of implied warranty.

You are lucky that you got 6 weeks. I got just 2 wearings.

Not to rain on the parade of Viccel and its legion of fans, I found the socks to be of poor quaility.

I ordered two merino socks, and I found

a) They wore out after 2 wearings.
b) The colors and textures are harsh and rough. At best they are for jeans.
c) The fit was big. The socks came up to mid-kneecap.

In sum, the price was nice, but you get what you pay for. Do not expect the quality of the major brands, such as Marcoliani, Bresciani, Pentherella, and Brooks Brothers.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'll switch the merinos with some more cottons. I see some say you should stay TTS, while other say go down. I'm a 8.5 and I can see that I'm a R. Should i order R or go down to S?

Last edited:

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

c) The fit was big. The socks came up to mid-kneecap.

:crazy:

They're sized by shoe size, so how the hell do you expect them to get the length exactly right as well? You expect them to magically make a sock that, for the same shoe size, is also the correct length for people who are anywhere from 5'6" to 6'6" tall? As long as the end fits your foot correctly I don't see how a bit of extra length in the leg is a problem.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score

They're sized by shoe size, so how the hell do you expect them to get the length exactly right as well? You expect them to magically make a sock that, for the same shoe size, is also the correct length for people who are anywhere from 5'6" to 6'6" tall? As long as the end fits your foot correctly I don't see how a bit of extra length in the leg is a problem.

I have had hundreds of dress socks of all makes, and I have never had a sock go so high. It reminded me of a womens sock.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have had hundreds of dress socks of all makes, and I have never had a sock go so high. It reminded me of a womens sock.

So them using more fabric, thereby costing more to manufacture and being able to fit potentially taller people, is somehow a bad thing?

I'm quite short, so they're probably long enough to pull partly over my knee, but I just pull them up to below my knee and the extra fabric doesn't bother me whatsoever.

And who the hell is going to see how long you're socks are anyway?

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score

So them using more fabric, thereby costing more to manufacture and being able to fit potentially taller people, is somehow a bad thing?
I'm quite short, so they're probably long enough to pull partly over my knee, but I just pull them up to below my knee and the extra fabric doesn't bother me whatsoever.
And who the hell is going to see how long you're socks are anyway?

Evidently you are a happy customer.

I tried Viccel with the hope of becoming one. I was disappointed.

I have not been disappointed with other internet merchants, such as Alex Kabbaz and Sam Hober.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would only recommend the cotton socks.
Love them.

Merino Wool, they tear faster than any sock I've ever owned.
Until they improve the quality, I wouldn't buy them again.
Maybe that is just the natural of the fabric, it can't last long.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered two pairs of their ww cotton in purple and forest green in size R. If they have a nice feet and feel, I will definently buy a lot.

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Wow, you guys are tough. The socks cost like $10. Get several pair, wear them daily, rotate them, throw them away when they wear out, buy more. They are socks after all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads