• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the dimensions on the horn handled knife?

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Kemal, Any way Viccel could hook us up with dark plum (non-shiny) OTC socks?
I m sure that our dye master can hook all colors
smile.gif
but all we need is time.
Originally Posted by Achilles_
What are the dimensions on the horn handled knife?
Thanks for reminding coz I forgot to add that info as closed 8cm as opened 15cm and weight is 16gr.

lordzork

Reaction score
Kemal,

Forgive me if this information is posted elsewhere and I've overlooked it, but can you let me know what the lengths of the winter weight OTC and MC socks are from the heel to the top? I'm trying to decide which ones to get and I suspect that OTC might be too tall for me.

Thanks.

poorlawstudent

Reaction score
I wish you had socks with clocks.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt

Thanks for reminding coz I forgot to add that info as closed 8cm as opened 15cm and weight is 16gr.

I would love it if you had one half that size, more like a pocket knife. Great price for a horn handle knife though!

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Received 9 pairs of winter weight cotton socks today, all is in good order. Will definitely buy again should there be new colours or patterns for the socks.

lordzork

Reaction score
I've asked this question through the Viccel website contact form and I've posted it here and have received no response. I'm ready to place a large order, but I really need know how tall the OTC socks are from heel to the top of the sock.

Is there anyone who has them who can take a quick measurement for me? I'd be grateful.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lordzork
I've asked this question through the Viccel website contact form and I've posted it here and have received no response. I'm ready to place a large order, but I really need know how tall the OTC socks are from heel to the top of the sock.

Is there anyone who has them who can take a quick measurement for me? I'd be grateful.

Hard to know exactly where to measure from, but I just measured one of mine and it looks to be about 17.5" from mid-heel to the top.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lordzork
Will do, thanks. I overlooked that email address on the site.

Dear Lordzork,

I thought I replied your message but it seems to wrong mail I sent.

Here length of the socks.
Aprox 25 cm length of midcalf
Aprox 45 cm length of otc
Those dimentions are for winter weight S size (40EU-41.5 EU)

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Kemal,

I wear an american size 8D in most dress shoes (Allen Edmonds).
Should I order a true size 8 for the best fit? or size down 1 size?

What are your breakdowns for sizing?

i.e. Small 7-8
Med 9-10
Large 11-12
etc.

Edward

Reaction score
BareSolid;2526359 said:
Has anyone any experience ordering with this company? They are based in Turkey and provide very cheap socks (around £2.50 per pair) in cotton lisle. Long socks (over the calf) are also sold but we don't really wear those much in England.

I've bought at least a dozen of over-the-calf socks and they look good and hold up well after many washes. I love the thicker socks which are not all that thick and are very comfortable. I suspect that the reason someone complained that the socks fell down after several wearings was because he didn't wash them after every day's wear (yuck!).

cartisdm

Reaction score
how are you all drying your socks? I know some mentioned hang dry but there's no way I have the time or space available for that. The dryer has been my method so far but when they come out they look like girl's nylons. Instead of that nice "sock-like" appearance, the tube area is all shrivled up and I want to be sure I'm not harming the socks (plus it makes folding them a little difficult)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads