Viccel.com socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BareSolid, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Verrihappy

Verrihappy Senior member

Just received my 9 paris of winter weight cotton sock, plus one pair of freebie OTC that Kemal has kindly sent with the shipment. To me the winter weight socks are just right as I am not that much into see through socks.

Kemal is a great guy, great customer service and fast repsonse. Only hope is that they will come up with patterned cotton socks a la Paul Smith/Dore Dore/De Pio et al.

Well, just ordered another 8 pairs from him!

2. KemalOnyurt

KemalOnyurt Senior member

kemal - I think people wanted thicker socks - not thinner!
    Here is the heaviest one of Viccel cotton socks, they are 33% than current winter weight cotton socks. They are produced with 30/3 Ne (3 ply yarn) . Sorry to say that they are mid-calf and for regular size ( EU:42-43.5 US: 9½-10 UK 9-9½ ).
    [​IMG]

3. Tarlee

Tarlee Well-Known Member

Kemal, that ^^^ is a nice colour that I expect will work OK with the black rib. Unfortunately your available size is a tad small for me.

I expect that you're doing a trial run in your most popular size. In that case, nice as it is, I'm surprised -- but pleased -- you've chosen a purple/lilac shade. I think your recent colours -- the sky blue, light pink, pistachio etc -- are gorgeous. But I wonder what are your most popular colours. Would you, out of interest, let us know what you sell most of? I expect it will be the dreaded dark blue or black. Yuck!

BTW, I received my merino socks. It's too warm here to wear these for long but I gave them a try today. Very nice feel. A great winter sock. And the dried rose colour is great.

4. phailing101

phailing101 Senior member

I just received my order and I love the Merino wool winter weight socks. I ordered them in purple and I'm very happy with the quality!

I also ordered some cotton socks in winter weight and I'm wearing the gray today. They are fantastic.

I would recommend ordering from these folks. Socks fit true to size as well (and I'm a size 13USD)

5. cartisdm

cartisdm Senior member

Update:

I got my OTC winter weight socks yesterday and they are exactly the thickness I needed. Thanks!!! I will start ordering a few pair every paycheck until I have enough to get me between washings

6. KemalOnyurt

Thank you very much for your posts. I and my boss (my dad) get really happy when we read post of our customer about how they like Viccel. Happy feet [​IMG] , happy people [​IMG] Here are new cotton colors. We received some requests for those Egyptian Blue and Canary Yellow hope you will like. [​IMG]

7. Verrihappy

Verrihappy Senior member

These socks are unbeatable and irresistible, just ordered another 3 pairs from Kemal.

8. KemalOnyurt

If you have any favorite colors we will be happy to learn those.

9. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

what would you say is the longest lasting dress sock?

also which material holds it's form longer and/or doesn't slip off the foot as easy?
    i assume over the calf solves the slipping problem from what i've read?

10. THStyle

THStyle Member

Do you have argyle sock??

11. Verrihappy

Verrihappy Senior member

If you have any favorite colors we will be happy to learn those.

I will love dearly the following solid colours
    1. Salmon
    2. Taupe grey
    3. Teal green
    4. Pumpkin
    5. Amber
    6. Ferrarri red

12. korektphool

korektphool Well-Known Member

Hi, I am from Hong Kong.

I'd like to clarify: I want 5 100% cotton "winter weight" socks; does that mean 9.59 * 5 = USD 47.95 because shipping is free? Please confirm, as I want to place an order soon.

Also, are these socks completely opaque? (Otherwise I'd rather get the merino.)

13. Verrihappy

Verrihappy Senior member

Yes, that will be discounted price for OTC winter weight socks shipped free to Hong Kong or anywhere in the world.

14. meanpeoplesuck

meanpeoplesuck Well-Known Member

When will the Merino Wool socks be available in solid colors like grey, green etc.?

15. KemalOnyurt

I will love dearly the following solid colours 1. Salmon 2. Taupe grey 3. Teal green 4. Pumpkin 5. Amber 6. Ferrarri red
    thanks for those nice colors we will work on them too.
    When will the Merino Wool socks be available in solid colors like grey, green etc.?
    Till end of the week solid colored merino socks will be ready as OTC and MC.