1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viccel.com socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BareSolid, Oct 5, 2009.

1. KemalOnyurt

KemalOnyurt Senior member

I bought a few pair. They are nice socks. Thin material - the thinnest dress socks I own. They stay up. The green is f'in green...bright green...go to hell green. The navy and cream color are useful and the price is amazing.
    We got some complaints about green which was bright and like an emerald but we changed it to dark forest green. Our socks are really thin and they keep really cool in hot days but still working on thicker socks.

2. KemalOnyurt

Kemal, have you sent my socks yet?

yes we have sent your socks.

3. amce

amce Senior member

4. BareSolid

BareSolid Senior member

I have just recieved the socks. I ordered the mid-calf in green and red. They appear to be very high quality material and the colours are rather nice (the claret is rich and the green is a dark, foresty colour). They are quite thin and allow the feet to breathe well.

However, they are doing a lot of sliding down after short periods of wear. I am a UK size 9 and thus ordered a Euro size 43. It's not a massive problem but I prefer that my socks stay up. I shall wash them soon and then see how that turns out. Next time I order, I would be very much inclined to go for the over-the-calf as they may stay up better.

5. Chim12

Chim12 Senior member

I took a chance a few weeks ago on two pair, I must admit they are a bit on the thin side (will be ordering some of the new ones), but the color does hold and they do stay up. No beating the quality / price for my money. Well done!!

6. KemalOnyurt

I have just recieved the socks. I ordered the mid-calf in green and red. They appear to be very high quality material and the colours are rather nice (the claret is rich and the green is a dark, foresty colour). They are quite thin and allow the feet to breathe well. However, they are doing a lot of sliding down after short periods of wear. I am a UK size 9 and thus ordered a Euro size 43. It's not a massive problem but I prefer that my socks stay up. I shall wash them soon and then see how that turns out. Next time I order, I would be very much inclined to go for the over-the-calf as they may stay up better.
    Glad to learn that you liked colors and fabric of socks but if you have any problem please contact us via e-mail.

7. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Got 3 pairs yesterday - good stuff and a great value. Will order more.

8. KemalOnyurt

Got 3 pairs yesterday - good stuff and a great value. Will order more.
    Thanks for your kind words.

9. KemalOnyurt

Sorry for delay but finally thicker Viccel socks are ready on the page.

10. eMacPaul

eMacPaul Senior member

I got a couple pairs of these socks, also. I must say, they are quite thin... I thought at first I had only received one pair. However, they fit quite well and are comfortable. Shipping was surprisingly fast coming from Turkey.

11. KemalOnyurt

I want to tell you that Viccel bigger sized socks are ready up to US 14 , EU 48.5 and Japanese system 32 (yes we added size system for Japanese).
    Those sizes for all of Viccel socks (Summer, Winter and OTC , MC )

12. ulim

ulim Well-Known Member

Just wanting to update: after a single wear, the socks get loose thus causing some slippage as noted in my original post below, but this problem corrects itself when you wash and air dry the socks, which causes the socks to return to their original shape and stay up.

Knowing this, I would definitely buy Viccel again!

I bought 2 pairs of OTC socks, one red and one purple.

The colors are bright and vibrant, and continue to remain so after a few washes. The material is very thin and feels very tough.

My only concern is that the socks seem to be very loose now after a few wears, and are starting to fall down which is absolutely unacceptable. This is a shame, because I love the colors and the material. I just wish that they would maintain their shape better.

13. chowchow

chowchow Senior member

Kemal
    which line is the thickest?
    the autumn winter over the calf?
    cheers

14. KemalOnyurt

Kemal which line is the thickest? the autumn winter over the calf? cheers
    Yes you are right , the thickest socks are under the autumn winter section as over the calf and midcalf.

15. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

I ordered my socks on the 2nd Nov and received a mail today to say they were posted out. Pretty slow - 8 days from payment to postage. Short stocked?

16. BareSolid

BareSolid Senior member

I ordered my socks on the 2nd Nov and received a mail today to say they were posted out. Pretty slow - 8 days from payment to postage. Short stocked?

Mine were posted after a week. I did recieve an email apology, stating low stock.

I also think the conversion is off. Can Kemal tell me which size he uses as a base to convert from? I am guessing it is Euro-sizes and wonder what he would advise if I said I was 43.5 (UK size 9) and whether he intends to add UK sizes in the future?

Thanks.

17. KemalOnyurt

Mine were posted after a week. I did recieve an email apology, stating low stock. I also think the conversion is off. Can Kemal tell me which size he uses as a base to convert from? I am guessing it is Euro-sizes and wonder what he would advise if I said I was 43.5 (UK size 9) and whether he intends to add UK sizes in the future? Thanks.
    First of all I have to apologize for the latency. We are sending the socks to over 20 countries. This time we got more order than we expected. Especially repeating orders from our old customers. As an example one of our customer bought 1 pair in his first order he ordered 33 pairs in his next order. Too much order caused latency in the organization of PAP(packing and posting). We posted 3-8 days later after ordering. This is our fault and we are sorry about it. But we fixed the misses in organization of PAP and we guarantee that will not happen again If no exception occurs. I want to tell you somethings about our stocks. We have to have enough stock if we dont have enough stock, production would take 1 month(yarn to packed socks). As you know we have 2 season(summer-winter) 2 type(mid-calf and OTC) 14 different colors and their sizes as a combination its more than hundreds individual socks. We are arranging those. It can be possible only when you have enough stock. As a brief increasing in order in a short time caused latency in th organization PAP. Really sorry about that we made required fixes and wont happen again. Always we do care about every single review and comments of you to catch the perfection. BareSolid, Thanks for warning about size system, we have added the UK size system too. Thank you for your interest.

18. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

when do the additional colors arrive? congrats to such a rapid response to feedback!!

19. KemalOnyurt

when do the additional colors arrive? congrats to such a rapid response to feedback!!
    I think It may take up 4 weeks. But if you have any colors that can be added please tell us.
    In coming colors are orange, skyblue.

20. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

does the same 6 pairs, additional 5% discount stack on top of the 20% discount for styleforum members?