Viccel.com socks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BareSolid, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I love Viccell sock's but for the life of me I can't understand why it takes so much time from the time you place an order until you receive them. Should the process really take a month or more? I have to believe that something is broken down in the logistics process.

I have been waiting for several weeks for my last order and they still are not here. It will probably be my last order. I could understand waiting so long if they were a custom item, but surely they have to have an inventory of socks that can be sent out as soon as the order is placed.

Mine took about a month, and I believe the problem has more to do with shipping difficulties from Turkey than anything on Viccel's end.

2. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

Good things come to those who wait. Also, at the price we're paying which includes shipping, my guess is that the shipping method is the secret-super-cheapass shipping method which takes forever and a day.

3. rjt65

rjt65 Well-Known Member

one word ---Customs

I love Viccell sock's but for the life of me I can't understand why it takes so much time from the time you place an order until you receive them. Should the process really take a month or more? I have to believe that something is broken down in the logistics process.

I have been waiting for several weeks for my last order and they still are not here. It will probably be my last order. I could understand waiting so long if they were a custom item, but surely they have to have an inventory of socks that can be sent out as soon as the order is placed.

4. fxh

fxh Senior member

Re: New Site

A large proportion of the new site does not work in my Opera browser.

5. KemalOnyurt

KemalOnyurt Senior member

Re: New Site

A large proportion of the new site does not work in my Opera browser.

Thank you for testing, I think we solved Opera compatibility

6. fxh

fxh Senior member

Thank you for testing, I think we solved Opera compatibility

Kemal

i think I just realised some of the site is not working because it is only a dummy - sorry.

7. rickimky

rickimky Senior member

Just received my socks. Sized down one from my previous order and now it's the perfect fit. Thanks Kemal.

8. CustomWorks

CustomWorks Well-Known Member

Just received my socks. Sized down one from my previous order and now it's the perfect fit. Thanks Kemal.

how much did you size down, say if i wear 10 US shoes.. which size should i be buying? is 8.5-9.5 on the site the same size? or do they really size each sock half a size difference?

do most of you buy half calf or over the calf?, i personally like half calf, but i also have a very aggressive cut in pants and my break on my pants is very little to none. so when i sit, will i have a problem with the half calf showing skin?

Is the difference between winter and summer socks the thickness? im assuming winter would be thicker.. if so how much? i think i read somewhere 30%?

9. acecow

acecow Senior member

10. pinchi22

pinchi22 Senior member

also horizontal multicolored socks.

Yes, please.

11. CustomWorks

Yes, please.

Anyone that has ordered a pair of socks can you guys confirm that 8.5-9.5 sizing is the same sock size?

I'm about to order, I hear a lot of people size down wondering if i should order 9 or 9.5, or is it the same thing?

12. acecow

acecow Senior member

I'm 9 and I order 9. They fit perfectly.

Anyone that has ordered a pair of socks can you guys confirm that 8.5-9.5 sizing is the same sock size?

I'm about to order, I hear a lot of people size down wondering if i should order 9 or 9.5, or is it the same thing?

13. fredfred

fredfred Senior member

...I can't understand why it takes so much time from the time you place an order until you receive them. Should the process really take a month or more?

Guessing to U.S. from Turkey:

- They batch fulfillment. So 5 days (one week) until it is fulfilled and delivered to post office
    - One week sitting around in high speed turkish postal system
    - One week in transit (a day to the port, a day at the port.. a few days on one plane/ship, a few days on the next)
    - Batched at US customs (BUT not necessarily examined. US customs do not examine/check every package) - another 5 days
    - A couple days for the US postal service to get their act together

Total time, one month

14. someotherstyle

someotherstyle Senior member

kemal,

I'd love to see some horizontal stripes and some argyles. I'll buy them by the bundle if you make em.

MK

15. CustomWorks

I'm 9 and I order 9. They fit perfectly.

Thanks much appreciated.. i hate having too big of a sock and having it fall.

btw, do you guys stick yours in the dryer? or all air dry?