• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Let's get those suggestions coming. I'll start out with a couple that I came up with:

Style: Chukka
Last: 2040
Leather: Latigo grey roughout
toe: plaintoe, unstructured.
Sole: single natural leather midsole, Dainite outsole
Latigo smooth tongue
tonal stitching

This is a straightforward chukka, but in a really interesting leather that I have never seen on a non-Viberg boot.

Service boot
Last = 2040
Leather: copper task roughout
toe: Straight captoe, unstructured
Sole: Single leather midsole, dainite outsole
Black leather tongue

Remember that we are also waiting confirmation on the Black french calf excavated boot.

iotan

Reaction score

Service boot
Last = 2040
Black leather tongue

I'd probably be in for something similar to the copper task roughout you suggested, Fok, or one similar to Haven's (http://shop.havenshop.ca/collections/viberg/products/for-haven-service-boot-copper-task-r-o) but with a different sole. My tweaks or suggestions would be:
- Different color tongue than black. preferably something brown/tan (the black tongue may even be a deal-breaker for me)
- Prefer 2030 last but I think 2040 would be okay, too
- Perhaps a leather sole to change things up a bit more (although the dainite sole definitely works, too
- Perhaps a combination of copper task roughout and copper task smooth leather similar to the smooth leather (well perhaps not smooth but at least not roughout) and roughout combo on the black 4HM boot

Just some suggestions based on my personal preferences, but either way I am excited for another round and maybe getting one of the make-ups this time.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in for the chukka likely. It is similar to my winning entry but elevated with some better specs

flatspotting

Reaction score
marsupialed post by me,

Interested in Service boot
Last = 2040
Black leather tongue

Any pics of similar?

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Style: Service Boot
Last: 110
Leather:
-Tongue: Black Chromexcel
-Heel Counter: Black Horse Ass
-Quarters: Black Water Buffalo
-Toe/Vamp: Black Kangaroo
Toe: Plain, unstructured.
Sole: Single leather midsole, Dainite outsole.
Stitching: Tonal
Eyelets: 5x Gunmetal eyelets, 2x Speedhooks.
Equip Effect: Each time you wear these boots, you must first reflect upon the circle of life.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know exactly, but based on the base rate, and with the additions as I know them, I think that each would come to $690-$700 shipped in the CONUS, and a bit more outside.

Anything on a dainite or leather sole would cost more than something on a wedge sole. If we wanted to make something on a wedge sole, we might be able to bring things down to $675 or so, shipped. Of course, the more bells and whistles (multiple leathers, special leathers, captoe, etc...) can easily bring up the price of the make.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fok, besides the black French calf, any chance for other French calf colors? Maybe burgundy or a reddish brown?

It would look pretty great on a scout boot or service boot on a wedge sole or single oiled leather of some sort.

sask boot

Reaction score
Fok, besides the black French calf, any chance for other French calf colors? Maybe burgundy or a reddish brown?

It would look pretty great on a scout boot or service boot on a wedge sole or single oiled leather of some sort.
I am in for scout or service boots in burgundy on leather or dainite! Burgundy will go well with denim or chinos.
fing02[1].gif

rex555

Reaction score
I'm partial with CHRK33. Like to see a burgundy or merlot service boot similar to this

Specs

8 brass eyelet
brogue cap toe
dainite sole

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do ppl like the unstructured toe so much?
I'd be into a few of these but the flat toe just looks odd.

Stitches

Reaction score
Well, I'm in for the Excavated Boot, no doubt. Just need to beat everyone else on the order.

What I'd like to see is a move away from the Service Boot and the addition of, possibly, the Scout Boot, although I like their Oxfords too. Something with Christy Soles would be good too. At the very least, I think it would be interesting to have a makeup with contrast heels and/or toes.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely want to see the excavated boot as an option. If the original version is possible (i.e. the brown service boot, distressed), I'd like that even more.

RuffyD

Reaction score
Would be interested in a pair of boondockers in black/dark grey roughout or scotch grain

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads