Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

I am still voting for the bison in a plain toe scout or service boot. Definitely would be my vote.

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Can we do this exact chukka in a 2030 last please? (110 last shown).

I mean, it's really nice.

[​IMG]

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I hear you. And ditto. I usually like the roughout, but the leather choices I've presented all look awesome smooth size out, especially the tan bison.
    Why the 2030 last? Otherwise, that looks a lot like the aged bark roughout.

4. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

I think the tan bison could look really good on some sporty/street look shoes. Does viberg do a moccasin kind of model?

Oxfords might look good as well. Is it possible to do a two tone make with the tan bison?

I could be interested in the bison or the tumbled burgundy but definitely not on a service boot.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

5. LA Guy

They don't do moccasin, but they are developing a chukka with a moccasin toe. I'll ask if this model is actually ready to be produced in quantity yet.

A two tone oxford? You are going to have to sell that to me really well to get it on the ballot, because they remind me of bowling shoes.

Why not a service boot, Badseeds? I thought that the Viberg boots in that leather looked really good.

6. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

I have not figured out what other leather to use with the tan bison, if we were to do a two tone oxford. I just think on the 245 oxford model i suppose, the grained texture and the bright color of both leathers would be quite eye-catching, and in some sense too "strong" and I want sth to balance that. But I am going to keep my eyes open on this. It could look really good.

The service boot thing is more instinctive i guess - I am just never a fan of grained leather on a plain boot unless its several parts of leather sewn together, sth like moc toe or double vamp. Otherwise I would have bought their scotch grain shell cordovan boots on the website a long time ago.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

7. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

I think this make-up would look good in the oxford as well

8. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

2030 looks nicer (sleeker) than the 110. The front of the chukka is basically one large piece of leather, so the 110 looks a little blobby to me.

I think the leather in the picture is a grey suede (or roughout, how they call it). The arged bark looks like a brown leather?

9. Finn666

Finn666 Well-Known Member

it's all about the tumbled burgundy in this round :)

- viberg service boot
    - 7-10 eyelets (voting 10)
    - 2030, 2040 or 110 last (voting 2030)
    - black cxl tongue
    - tumbled burgundy everything else
    - single natural leather midsole
    - vibram sole (not sure what # but the same as on the 4horsemen service boot)
    - thin leather laces and flat wax laces

...that should do the trick imo!

10. iotan

iotan Senior member

I would be all for the above make-up depending on how the 2060 last looks (if it is similar to the 2030 or 2040, I would be happy with it). I also would not mind if the boot was cap toe and/or has a double leather sole.

11. sirsigsalot

sirsigsalot Senior member

What's the 2060 last? All I could find was a reference to the 2060 Vibram sole.

Agreed on the 2030 looking sleeker. I haven't seen may chukkas in a 2030 last..would make for a more unique pair.

12. iotan

iotan Senior member

Not sure about the 2060 last. It was from LA Guy's post originally. Perhaps it was just a typo on his part.

13. LA Guy

That may be the light, but I do like a brown with a bit more grey in in. I can't find the grey swatches that I have, but I'll look for them and try to recommend something suitable.

I do like that. I think that we ought to try for the 2040 last - it apparently combined the silhouette of the 2030 with the comfort of the 110 by making the toebox a little more ergononic.

Yes, just a typo. I think that I was thinking about the 2060 sole, and sort a put that there by mistake. Again, let's go with the 2040 last in that makeup.

14. dieselrocket

dieselrocket Member

I like 2040. And can we add a pull-on tab?

15. sask boot

sask boot Senior member

Are there any pictures out there comparing the toe box of 2030 and 2040? I really like this idea but not sure about a black tongue. It might be too much contrast. This makeup should be amazing! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013