Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

especially these collapsed toe service boots! Pretty boring if you ask me.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

2. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

Most of the difference is easily noticeable from the paneling.

Scout
    http://www.doubleselect.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Inventory_Viberg_scout_boot_AW12.png

Service
    http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/viberg-boot-freemans-sporting-club-1.jpg

But what I find to be one of the larger difference no one points to is the difference in stitching of the vamp to the quarter.

In the scout boot the vamp is on top of the quarter, giving it a more substantial feel to the toebox. It is much different than the look you get with the service where it is the opposite

Here is a good comparison on the same last as the last has a large effect on noticing this.

2030 Service
    http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/viberg-boot-freemans-sporting-club-1.jpg

2030 Scout
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.svpply.com/large/3149708.jpg?1377305862

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

3. sirsigsalot

sirsigsalot Senior member

Thanks! Scout boot just looks more stubby IMO.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That's the size (that scout boot looks like a size 7 or something. My size 10 scout boots don't look that short at all), and the last. That service boot looks to be on the 2030 last, while that Scout boot looks to be on the 110 last. So, smaller size, rounder, wider last = stubbier looking toe,

5. LA Guy

So, here are the leather samples:

In order:
    English Tan Essex (Horween)
    Tan Bison (Horween)
    Aged Bark (Seidel)
    [​IMG]

For these next ones, the color balance on my monitor is off, but they look great on my wife's, so adjust until the Loden is dark green, nearly black, and the tumbled burgundy is nearly lollipop:

In order:
    Loden Green (Horween)
    Navy Latigo (Horween)
    Tumbled Burgundy
    [​IMG]

Let's start working with these.

Right now, I have 2 makeups in mind:

1) Tan Bison Service boot with 8 antique brass eyelets, 110 last, natural single leather midsole, beige Vibram 2060 outsole.

2) Tan Bison Service boot with 8 antique brass eyelets, 2060 last, natural single leather midsole, dainite ousole.

I am more in the camp of the first, since we've already done 3 boots on a dainite sole, and it seems appropriate to do something less "dressy" on a wedge sole, but I'll let you guys discuss it out.

Remember, for this round, we will probably do 2 boots, or 3 only if I can get enough commitments during the voting process.

Cheers,

Fok.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Love the English Tan Essex!!

7. sirsigsalot

Oh man....I really like that Aged Bark. Was hoping the Tan Bison would be a little more brown.

Are we throwing around the chukka still? I think chukka on a 2030 last looks fantastic

[​IMG][​IMG].

8. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

English Tan and Aged Bark are gorgeous, anyone got ideas using either of those leathers?

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I would still love to do a chukka. I had suggested the grey roughout with Dainite sole, but I think the English Tan would make for an invredible chukkas as well. My other thought was an Oxford with a Vibram Chisty sole. I also single a single leather sole could be great on either the chukka or oxford.

10. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

I like the aged bark. but on my mba screen the loden is gray..

11. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Looks like the English Tan will age & get darker, like those vegge tanned leather. But, not the Bison Tan.

Aged Bark looks similar to Icy Mocha? Aged Bark may look good in the oxford.

12. sirsigsalot

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

13. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

That looks magnificent. I'm well up for a boot based on that and/or English Tan.

14. unipair guy

unipair guy Affiliate Vendor

Tumbled burgundy for the win! [​IMG]

15. LA Guy

It's a really good golden brown color.

We are still throwing the idea of a chukka around. The chukka, imo, is a highly underused model. And agreed that it looks terrific.

I would say a Vibram sole. As a balance between function and aesthetics, I can ask Guy about other Vibram soles. The Vibram "oxford" sole, for example, which I have on a pair of Trickers MTO chukkas, has a heel and looks more like a regular sole. On my chukkas, they look really good, and are also water resistant and have good traction (unlike leather) and are really lightweight. We'd also possibly have options for colors.

Loden is definitely not grey. It's dark, dark, green - nearly black. If I had to describe the color and hue, I'd say that it was super dark moss colored.

The Bison tan will also get darker - all leathers do. Pretty much any of the leathers would look good on an oxford, though Aged Bark would be most typical for that style.

Our picture is more accurate than either of those. It's a straight up mid brown with some red, but not as much as seen in the Tate&Yoko pictures, and not as light as in the Viberg pictures, which look like they were taken under bright sunlight.

If you want that lighter color, I'd say to go with the English Tan, which, honestly, is what those pictures most resemble.

I also think so!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013