Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. thewho13

thewho13 Senior member

So this means there will definitely be at least some excavated boots available?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The short answer is, probably, but it depends. The issue right now is that that treatment has not been tested. There is literally just the one boot that exists, as a sample. I am going to send in a near exact set of specifications to Guy, and they are going to make a pair, and make sure that it works, and then we'll offer them. I'll keep you guys updated.

Cheers,

Fok.

3. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

how about a gray roughout service boot with contrast calf counter and/or tongue, with a single or double leather sole

a variation on this:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Still want that grey rough out chukka on a commando sole, I mentioned in the other thread.

5. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

I'd love for a variation on Fok's boot, with a contrast tongue. Grey roughout looks fantastic, would be a really nice shift from all black footwear for me...

6. LA Guy

All interesting makeups. An update on the french calf makeups - Viberg is getting those in and experimenting with them still, and we've decided to put those makeups on the backburner while Viberg perfects their technique with those leathers. In the meantime, we will be posting up a bunch of leather swatches in the next week, of leather that is actually in stock, and let's work with those to make some good makeups.

Super flattered that you guys would be interested in a variation of my boots. How would you guys be interested in a similar leather, but in a chukka style, and on a double dainite rather than wedge sole? Cool look really distinctive.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

7. sahbryant

sahbryant Senior member

dainite works, but the chukka style would be a deal-breaker for me, much prefer a higher boot

8. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

Was told by Morgan horsehide is not available for now. )-:

Anyone interested in a pair of 310 last lace to toe oxfords made from the gray roughout leather (Fok's boots) and Christy soles? I might be interested in some variations of the monkey boots too if there are others interested.

BTW, there are 2300 last flat toe service boots that many of you guys like coming up on their website today... Let's get sth really special with this great opportunity styleforum provides.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

9. LA Guy

I just got a bunch of leather swatches that have never been used by Viberg yet, so if we decide to do makeups with those, they will be the first ones, ever.

In the next day or so, I'll try to get decent photos up, but for now, here is the list. Navy Latigo has been used, but no one has done a navy latigo roughout yet.

1. English Tan Essex (Horween)
    2) Tan Bison (Horween) - this leather is supple and thick, has a strong grain, and remarkable depth of color. I really, really, really, want to use this, and can see a really cool service or scout boot that is slightly "slouchy" with it.
    3) Aged Bark (Seidel)
    4) Loden Green (Horween)
    5) Navy Latigo (Horween)
    60 Tumbled Burgundy - I think that you guys will really like this leather, which is the way I envision Homer's "Blood Red Sea", and has the supple feel and distinctive grain of tumbled leather.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

10. rex555

rex555 Well-Known Member

Number 2 sounds interesting with the "slouchy" look.

11. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

I think Visvim used the Tan Bison on the Virgil.

Is the Navy Latigo the same one as the oxford currently on Viberg web?

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Since French calf is out I'd be interested in Loden or Tan Bison

Dino was the Vis Horween? Think I saw the shoe in person but it felt thinnish?

13. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Yes, it is. I have not seen the real thing yet. But, from the photos that I saw, I was not impressed. It looked ordinary, like normal brown calf. Then again, photos could be deceiving.

14. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

Holy canoli, if they make a plain toe service boot in tan bison I would be willing to break my cop freeze and then get really weird with those boots

15. LA Guy

Photos would definitely be deceiving. It is... awesome. The grain is incredible. We would be the first Viberg makeup of it, eva.

Yeah, I think that for the Tan bison, I am going to propose something really simple, like a plaintoe service boot in either the 2040 or 110 last, with 8 antique brass eyelets, and either a dainite or a Vibram 2060 sole (it would depend which would be more popular). With the 2040 last, we'd go with dainite, and with the 110, we'd go with the vibram sole - I think that that would work best. There advantages to both. The dainite sole would set off the richness of the leather. On the other hand, the beige Vibram 2060 sole unit would complement the leather. Both good looks, but different.

This picture of the visvims does show the grain, except it is much less pronounced than in person, and in person, the leather is less brown, and has a more caramel:

[​IMG]

My wife does our photography, so I need to ply her to get these leather swatches photographed so that we can really get this thing done.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013