• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforummarket MTO Makeup: Smoke Grey Kudu Roughout "Boondocker" Service Boot

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

It's that time again. By popular demand, a smoke grey kudu service boot/boondocker.  I took everyone's suggestions and came up with this makeup. The community decided, and we are now taking preorders:

http://www.styleforummarket.com/vib...ng-worldwide-preorders-taken-until-april-5th/

SPECIFICATIONS:
Model: Service Boot
Last: 2030
Leather: Kudu Roughout, smoke grey
Captoe: None
Midsole: Natural
Outsole: Dainite
Eyelets: seven gunmetal
Tongue: kudu, grain side.

Please discuss here.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I echo the sentiment of the poster on the Viberg thread --- I would be interested in smoke grey kudu but not the flesh side out, but grain side out. Was the consensus of the "popular demand" for a roughout?

JVK1

Reaction score
This is perfect for me. I'm fine as is. I think the consensus was roughout but am open on that... will be in on this guaranteed.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is near perfect for me. I would prefer leather sole to the black sole.

What color eyelets are you thinking? Gunmetal?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I echo the sentiment of the poster on the Viberg thread --- I would be interested in smoke grey kudu but not the flesh side out, but grain side out.  Was the consensus of the "popular demand" for a roughout?

Which side did Viberg show a few weeks ago? I thought that kudu looked incredible and was the inspiration for me pushing for a kudu service boot

MiamiLex

Reaction score

I echo the sentiment of the poster on the Viberg thread --- I would be interested in smoke grey kudu but not the flesh side out, but grain side out.  Was the consensus of the "popular demand" for a roughout?
I posted on the main thread but wanted to add that I would be in on this MTO if it was grain out. Wasn't just idly commenting for no reason.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are a few shots for anyone interested in the color

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted on the main thread but wanted to add that I would be in on this MTO if it was grain out. Wasn't just idly commenting for no reason.

I in no way meant to suggest you were "idly" commenting. Sorry you took it that way.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That roughout smoke grey kudu does look pretty nice. But I think I will hold out for the Guidi black service boot that Guy says is coming soon.

MiamiLex

Reaction score
Ha, I didn't take it that way - sorry for the miscommunication! Meant it for others just to show there was general interest on my part as well.

docalden2013

Reaction score
This is an interesting proposal. I'm curious about how folks are thinking about wearing the grey kudu roughout, as I recall from some other thread that grey boots are sometimes hard to pull off. Would this be a primarily-for-raw-denim boot?

How many pairs of eyelets? 7 or 10?

I respect Rydenfan's taste, so I'm confident it would be a great makeup to put together. Just curious how this boot would fit in my collection.

Thanks for any feedback you guys are willing to offer.

jfclarky

Reaction score
These will be dope, but I just ordered a pair of scouts, FML.

This is near perfect for me. I would prefer leather sole to the black sole.

@rydenfan I agree with your comment on the leather sole. If the boots had a leather sole, I'd be in for sure. Now, my significant other that's another story. I'll have to buy her something nice.

This is an interesting proposal. I'm curious about how folks are thinking about wearing the grey kudu roughout, as I recall from some other thread that grey boots are sometimes hard to pull off. Would this be a primarily-for-raw-denim boot?

@docalden2013 you can wear these with almost anything, you just have to make it look good. Personally, paring them boots with dark indigo raw denim, like you said, would look great. These boots complement many chino colors. By many, I guess, I mean 2 things.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Last edited:

JVK1

Reaction score
I'd prefer a dainite sole, but will do leather.

I do think they're easily versatile enough. They'll look phenomenal with dark denim or black pants. Maybe not with khakis, but that's hardly a real benchmark.

natt

Reaction score
I'd go for 7 or ten eyes, with Dainite sole.
And prefer smoke grey.
Leather sole is easily to worn out... IMO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads