1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'm located in the states. Canadians should not have to pay any additional customs, since these boots fall under NAFTA regulations. Someone mentioned that GST might be levied. I have no personal experience with this.

We ship USPS, so there should be no brokerage fees.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. LA Guy

I am making the very last day for orders this coming Friday. Unfortunately, I have some surgery next week that will put me out of commission for a few weeks, and so, want to get the order in before that happens. So, again, the very last day for orders will be February 7. We have 8 orders in right now, so it's enough for a go ahead. I don't plan to entertain any last minute orders (I'll tally up stuff on Saturday morning, and then just put it aside and hit "send" on Monday morning) so if you want to get in on this, please go ahead and make your order this week. This change has already been changed on the store description.

Cheers,

Fok.

3. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

sorry to hear of your surgery; I wish you a speedy recovery.

I will not complain about getting my boots a week sooner! I will put my order in tomorrow.

4. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

My order is in, Fok. Thanks for coordinating this. Best of luck with your surgery.

5. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Senior member

Just wondering why is there a shoe on the order page? is it just to show the color and the wax texture to be expected on the boot?

6. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

That's a different leather; it's an example of the unstructured toe box on the 2045.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  7. LA Guy

It's there to show the 2045 last, before it is worn. The shape of the toe, unconstructed, is rounded, like the unconstructed 110, and not like the constructed examples that we have seen elsewhere. This is the first non individual run of Viberg boots on the 2045 last, so there are no pictures of brand new boots in this last around, that I know of.

8. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Senior member

Ohhh the unstructured toe boxes are different depending on the last? I'm so newb. So basically I shouldn't be expecting a toe box similar to this? I was hoping to get something like that...without the cap toe of course

9. misterjuiceman

That's a heavily worn boot on the 2030 last, so it'll look a bit different.

10. TOJfirstimer

TOJfirstimer Well-Known Member

Ok I'm feeling this boot....it should fly as a casual boot in the office with jeans?

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

12. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Well I pulled trigger

1 person likes this.
  13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nice!!! I think these will be a great casual boot that ages really well

14. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I'm in! Placing my order tomorrow

16. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Hey all,

I'm looking for a little advice on this... I want to get in on this order, but I'm a little concerned about the sizing and last. I own a pair of Vibergs:

http://vibergboot.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/horween-navy-latigo-brick-dainite-sole/#comments

Mine are a six eyelet boot, but otherwise the same as the photo. I sent in tracings for these, and was told a size 12 would fit me best. My current boots are comfortable, but I've noticed a little "buckling" of the leather around the eyelets when I tie my boots. That is, after I tie them an walk around, the leather around some of the eyelets tends to pop up or form little...hills? Please see the photos below for an example.I don't know if this is normal, I noticed this after wearing my boots a few times. Makes me wonder if I ordered boots that are too small...

I never thought to ask what last these boots were on (my first mto, newbie mistake) and now don't have a frame of reference for comparison. I emailed Viberg at info@viberg.com, to see if they still have my info, and have yet to hear back.

FYI: I wear a 13D in OSB trenches and rough outs, a 13D in Chippewas, and a UK12 in a Tricker's Eaton on 4497 last.

I don't know if I should buy this latest mto in a 12 or 12 1/2?

Any and all advice would be sincerely appreciated.

17. westie187

westie187 Senior member

Wrong photo. Apologies... it's late.

18. misterjuiceman

Can you post a picture of the boots? The attachment doesn't contain them.

19. misterjuiceman

This is the wrong photo as well.

20. westie187

westie187 Senior member

This is should help: My actual boots. Sorry, very long day.