Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The official estimate is 8-10 weeks from the day I send out the order, but it's been faster than that so far.

2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

@Diabolical__ see that's what was a bit confusing for me ... since i have a "width" issue.
    'tried on some 2030s @Barney's & had to size up [from the 2005, ie] to compensate on the width. apparently, the 2005s are a bit more generous up front ... w/c i essentially look for.

anyway, if the "Munson" lasted 2045 has same length as the 2005, i should be alright sizing true .... just needed some affirmation ;)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014

3. pjyj

pjyj Member

Would like to know sizing on this case as well, I'm in the same boat :).

4. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

FWIW as another data point I am 8.5 in the 2030 last and a UK8 in mostly everything including Trickers (Stow), all 3-4 EG lasts I've tried, C&J 348, etc.

Yes with the last SFmarket makeup, and yes.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014

5. LA Guy

The sizing is not "technically" UK sizing, but it is UK sizing, defacto. I wear the same size in Viberg as for nearly all UK brands. To toe is unconstructed, yes, so you will not have the bump in the toe. The toe box does flatten out a but over time. It will never be as flat as the pictures you see for the 2030 makeups, but none of the boots shown are on the 2030 last.

I'd say that using your Alden Barrie/Trubalance seems to be a good baseline.

AFAIK, only the 2030 has that elongated, so yes, I would recommend the same size as the 2005

6. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Senior member

Stupid question about eyelets; is the height of viberg's service boot dependent on the number of eyelets (bigger number = higher boot), or does the number of eyelets just vary the distance between them (bigger number = smaller intervals between eyelets)? or both?

7. LA Guy

The second. The height is always the same.

8. Count Viberg

Count Viberg Member

Nicely done, OP and fellow enthusiasts, this will be a hell of a boot :)

9. pjyj

pjyj Member

So for a 10.5 inch foot, would you suggest sizing 8.5?

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I just pulled the trigger on these. Pretty excited although I'm rolling the dice on the size. My first Vibergs but I'm confident all the info I've read on this thread has helped me pick the right size. I'm really interested to see how these compare to the OSB roughout trenches I have. It seems that those who have seen/owned both say Viberg is just on another level.

11. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Too bad Viberg doesn't just measure the ball, heel, inseam and length of all of the lasts and post them up on the site. I guess it'd be a lot of measuring for every size of every last, but I'm assuming they all scale by a known quantity for each size?

12. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

I think you'll be very happy with them. I have trouble wearing anything else after getting my Vibergs.

13. Joona

Joona Senior member

Heh, I can relate to this.. Kind of a tragedy tbh since I've got like 15 pairs of Tricker's, Aldens and what not just collecting dust now days. Vibergs truly are something quite different both aesthetically and qualitywise.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014

14. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

Well, I just landed an unexpected freelance gig, so these are in the cards for me. Pretty stoked.

Please indulge a couple of sizing questions:

1) @LA Guy: The sizes in the pull-down menu on the Styleforum Store page are US sizes, correct? So if I take a 9.5 US, that's what I'll receive? (I've seen too many "I thought I was ordering US sizes but got the European one instead..."

2) I wear a 9.5 in Quoddy, 9.5D in various AE boots/shoes, a 9 in Chippewa. My typical Euro size is 42.5

I'll be wearing these with midweight or heavy socks and some sort of aftermarket arch support (have really high arches). I'm thinking a 9.5 as the closest boots I have, the Chippewas, don't have enough toe/forefoot room for heavy ragg socks. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks in advance, and thanks again to OP and Fok for putting this together.

15. Heymanniceshot

Heymanniceshot Senior member

That's weird...I'm usually a EU 42.5 as well and I'm planning on ordering this boot in 8.5