• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for a little advice on this... I want to get in on this order, but I'm a little concerned about the sizing and last. I own a pair of Vibergs:

http://vibergboot.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/horween-navy-latigo-brick-dainite-sole/#comments

Mine are a six eyelet boot, but otherwise the same as the photo. I sent in tracings for these, and was told a size 12 would fit me best. My current boots are comfortable, but I've noticed a little "buckling" of the leather around the eyelets when I tie my boots. That is, after I tie them an walk around, the leather around some of the eyelets tends to pop up or form little...hills? Please see the photos below for an example.I don't know if this is normal, I noticed this after wearing my boots a few times. Makes me wonder if I ordered boots that are too small...

I never thought to ask what last these boots were on (my first mto, newbie mistake) and now don't have a frame of reference for comparison. I emailed Viberg at [email protected], to see if they still have my info, and have yet to hear back.

FYI: I wear a 13D in OSB trenches and rough outs, a 13D in Chippewas, and a UK12 in a Tricker's Eaton on 4497 last.

I don't know if I should buy this latest mto in a 12 or 12 1/2?

Any and all advice would be sincerely appreciated.
The buckling that you notice is due to there being a bit too much room between eyelets. This is why the standard service boot now has seven eyelets, rather than six. I think that you should go with the size 12 that fits you otherwise. Viberg has been "nudging" their models to make them better.

westie187

Reaction score
Thanks very much! I appreciate the advice.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fok,

are we still doing the contest where someone gets the boots at half price or was that only for the inaugural run?

pjyj

Reaction score
Hi,
Still about sizing. I tried on Alden boots on the TruBalance last and fit well in size 8. However, there was a bit extra room in the toes. The store didn't have a smaller size, so I couldn't check if a 7.5 would fit better. What do you guys say? Go for size 8 or size a half down?

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fok,

are we still doing the contest where someone gets the boots at half price or was that only for the inaugural run?
That was just for the inaugural run. So, you are lucky. When we have some really big runs, we might do it again.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Still about sizing. I tried on Alden boots on the TruBalance last and fit well in size 8. However, there was a bit extra room in the toes. The store didn't have a smaller size, so I couldn't check if a 7.5 would fit better. What do you guys say? Go for size 8 or size a half down?
Depends on how much extra room. imo, if you were comfortable with the amount of space, I'd go with the same size. If not, take that as a learning experience and size down a bit.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi,
Also depends on what type of sock you were wearing. For a heavier boot like Viberg I prefer something thicker like a Danner or Smart Wool compared to a dress sock. That thicker sock takes up the bit of extra room that I have

Diabolical

Reaction score
Hi,

What type of socks do you typically wear with your boots? Wearing light weight vs medium weight socks can make a difference in how boots fit.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That was just for the inaugural run. So, you are lucky. When we have some really big runs, we might do it again.

Cheers,

Fok.
Thanks for letting me know! I consider myself quite lucky and think about it each time I put them on. Very much looking forward to this pair as well; i think its going to be a very cool makeup

pjyj

Reaction score
Those were actually quite (medium) thick socks, not dress socks.

Heymanniceshot

Reaction score
Will be placing my order tomorrow night...still debating the size in my silly head

westie187

Reaction score
Bit the bullet. I'm in. Dear God, the wife is gonna kill me. These were too good to pass up!

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bit the bullet. I'm in. Dear God, the wife is gonna kill me. These were too good to pass up!

Yup...had to do some horse trading, too. Stoked!

Now I'm really in purgatory. Have a ToJ in the queue, can't even remembered when I ordered that.:plain:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads