• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Just wondering why is there a shoe on the order page? is it just to show the color and the wax texture to be expected on the boot?
That's a different leather; it's an example of the unstructured toe box on the 2045.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why is there a shoe on the order page? is it just to show the color and the wax texture to be expected on the boot?
It's there to show the 2045 last, before it is worn. The shape of the toe, unconstructed, is rounded, like the unconstructed 110, and not like the constructed examples that we have seen elsewhere. This is the first non individual run of Viberg boots on the 2045 last, so there are no pictures of brand new boots in this last around, that I know of.

Heymanniceshot

Reaction score
That's a different leather; it's an example of the unstructured toe box on the 2045.

Ohhh the unstructured toe boxes are different depending on the last? I'm so newb. So basically I shouldn't be expecting a toe box similar to this? I was hoping to get something like that...without the cap toe of course

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Ohhh the unstructured toe boxes are different depending on the last? I'm so newb. So basically I shouldn't be expecting a toe box similar to this? I was hoping to get something like that...without the cap toe of course
That's a heavily worn boot on the 2030 last, so it'll look a bit different.

TOJfirstimer

Reaction score
Ok I'm feeling this boot....it should fly as a casual boot in the office with jeans?

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Alright, MH! How about you, rydenfan? Did you commit? I'm actually glad they're closing the window a week early. But not glad that Fok is having surgery, of course.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Alright, MH!  How about you, rydenfan?  Did you commit?  I'm actually glad they're closing the window a week early.  But not glad that Fok is having surgery, of course.

I'm in! Placing my order tomorrow

westie187

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for a little advice on this... I want to get in on this order, but I'm a little concerned about the sizing and last. I own a pair of Vibergs:

http://vibergboot.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/horween-navy-latigo-brick-dainite-sole/#comments

Mine are a six eyelet boot, but otherwise the same as the photo. I sent in tracings for these, and was told a size 12 would fit me best. My current boots are comfortable, but I've noticed a little "buckling" of the leather around the eyelets when I tie my boots. That is, after I tie them an walk around, the leather around some of the eyelets tends to pop up or form little...hills? Please see the photos below for an example.I don't know if this is normal, I noticed this after wearing my boots a few times. Makes me wonder if I ordered boots that are too small...

I never thought to ask what last these boots were on (my first mto, newbie mistake) and now don't have a frame of reference for comparison. I emailed Viberg at [email protected], to see if they still have my info, and have yet to hear back.

FYI: I wear a 13D in OSB trenches and rough outs, a 13D in Chippewas, and a UK12 in a Tricker's Eaton on 4497 last.

I don't know if I should buy this latest mto in a 12 or 12 1/2?

Any and all advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Last edited:

westie187

Reaction score
Wrong photo. Apologies... it's late.

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm looking for a little advice on this... I want to get in on this order, but I'm a little concerned about the sizing and last. I own a pair of Vibergs:

http://vibergboot.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/horween-navy-latigo-brick-dainite-sole/#comments

Mine are a six eyelet boot, but otherwise the same as the photo. I sent in tracings for these, and was told a size 12 would fit me best. My current boots are comfortable, but I've noticed a little "buckling" of the leather around the eyelets when I tie my boots. That is, after I tie them an walk around, the leather around some of the eyelets tends to pop up or form little...hills? Please see the attached photo (downloaded) for an example.I don't know if this is normal, I noticed this after wearing my boots a few times. Makes me wonder if I ordered boots that are too small...

I never thought to ask what last these boots were on (my first mto, newbie mistake) and now don't have a frame of reference for comparison. I emailed Viberg at [email protected], to see if they still have my info, and have yet to hear back.

FYI: I wear a 13D in OSB trenches and rough outs, a 13D in Chippewas, and a UK12 in a Tricker's Eaton on 4497 last.

I don't know if I should buy this latest mto in a 12 or 12 1/2?

Any and all advice would be sincerely appreciated.
Can you post a picture of the boots? The attachment doesn't contain them.

westie187

Reaction score
This is should help: My actual boots. Sorry, very long day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads