• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders available now until August 16.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Own a few of each
wink.gif

You own a few of everything from what I've seen, and I ain't only talking footwear...

werthan

Reaction score
Thank you all very much. So it sounds like 12.5 it is. Really appreciate the help.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, some good news, and some bad news. Good news is that the black unicorn is all used up. I have all sorts of jokes about this, but the simple truth is that the yield on the leather was extremely low, and they went through it 2x as fast as they anticipated.

Good news is that I've been okayed to do a HoF makeup, specifically this natural CXL boot:

I am thinking, however, of doing it with 8 mini (#2) eyelets instead of 7 standard.

Thoughts on this?

This makeup will be decided on TODAY, and then put up for preorders for only 1 week just slightly after the other is done. It will be $710 shipped worldwide, which is better than ANYONE, including MrPorter. See it as my apology for the troubles with this set of makeups, and a way of giving something back (the price, for this week only, will be under the retail price anywhere, including at Viberg itself, and this will include pree shipping worldwide.

Cheers,

Fok.

gambit402

Reaction score

So, some good news, and some bad news. Good news is that the black unicorn is all used up. I have all sorts of jokes about this, but the simple truth is that the yield on the leather was extremely low, and they went through it 2x as fast as they anticipated. Good news is that I've been okayed to do a HoF makeup, specifically this natural CXL boot: I am thinking, however, of doing it with 8 mini (#2) eyelets instead of 7 standard. Thoughts on this? This makeup will be decided on TODAY, and then put up for preorders for only 1 week just slightly after the other is done. It will be $710 shipped worldwide, which is better than ANYONE, including MrPorter. See it as my apology for the troubles with this set of makeups, and a way of giving something back (the price, for this week only, will be under the retail price anywhere, including at Viberg itself, and this will include pree shipping worldwide. Cheers, Fok.
What last are those?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What last are those?
That would be the 2030 last.

That is the same makeup, and one of the most popular makeups, that anyone has ever made. The difference with ours is that we'd have a slightly more "citified" 8 mini eyelets this run, which is not something I've see elsewhere.

It's natural cxl, and so should be comfortable pretty much from the get go, for most people.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Terrific model...I was lucky to grab one last round...right after a great Fok rant about some pricing elsewhere...I was so impressed that I asked if I could be added and he ended up opening back up- Thanks again as it is one of my favorite all time boots!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terrific model...I was lucky to grab one last round...right after a great Fok rant about some pricing elsewhere...I was so impressed that I asked if I could be added and he ended up opening back up- Thanks again as it is one of my favorite all time boots!
Yeah, I am prone to ranting. Great makeup though.

jlchau

Reaction score
So, some good news, and some bad news. Good news is that the black unicorn is all used up. I have all sorts of jokes about this, but the simple truth is that the yield on the leather was extremely low, and they went through it 2x as fast as they anticipated.

Good news is that I've been okayed to do a HoF makeup, specifically this natural CXL boot:

I am thinking, however, of doing it with 8 mini (#2) eyelets instead of 7 standard.

Thoughts on this?

This makeup will be decided on TODAY, and then put up for preorders for only 1 week just slightly after the other is done. It will be $710 shipped worldwide, which is better than ANYONE, including MrPorter. See it as my apology for the troubles with this set of makeups, and a way of giving something back (the price, for this week only, will be under the retail price anywhere, including at Viberg itself, and this will include pree shipping worldwide.

Cheers,

Fok.

Cool - I love my pair. Wish I could trade mine for the 8 mini eyelets haha. You guys should buy these:

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes! Sick makeup and I was kicking myself for missing it when Fok did the first collaboration with VIberg.

dekalog

Reaction score
Too bad I already preorder the lost & found one several weeks ago
1f614.png

gambit402

Reaction score
Fok, what's the diff between these and the Lost and Founds? Obviously the 8 mini eyelets if that happens and a straight vs broqued cap toe? Anything else I'm not seeing?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fok, what's the diff between these and the Lost and Founds? Obviously the 8 mini eyelets if that happens and a straight vs broqued cap toe? Anything else I'm not seeing?
I think that that's it, but imo, it also makes the boots considerably different. This is a fairly standard makeup. We are also offering this for $710 shipped worldwide. That's significant, I think,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads