Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders available now until August 16.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jun 22, 2015.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's dark brown with a lot of black in it, so that it has a pretty deep color, and essentially no red tones. Really nice leather, and tough as a nails.

2. BatmanFactory

BatmanFactory Active Member

Hey man, thanks for the heads up.
    This round has some really nice leathers, there really is something for everyone.

If you decide to change your vote again we won't hold it against you [​IMG]

3. LA Guy

A friendly heads up - the variant votes are far behind where they need to be in order to get made. I would really encourage you to get out the vote if you wish to get the boots made, rather than buying me a nice dinner and maybe a belt. Right now, the Hopper and the Gandalf (both non-variant) are out in front, with the Italian greyhound, the Route 66 and the Alternative district all running equal down to the wire. So, come to think of it, now is really a time for all groups to really get out that vote.

Cheers,

Fok.

4. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

I have to agree. I got 3 pairs...Can't wait to beat the crap out of all of 'em.

5. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

Holy Takasago these are super killer! What's a conservative eta please? so glad I pulled the trigger here.. thanks Fok for sharing the pic

6. LA Guy

Thanks. I was impressed when I saw them. They are a throwback, in the best possible way. I think that they are few weeks out, but please don't take that to the bank. They could be faster or slower getting here.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Funny, for me the last round did nothing. Only round I didn't buy a makeup

8. dekalog

dekalog Senior member

the sample inspired derby definitely won't get made

9. LA Guy

Probably not, but I'm constantly surprised. One of the most popular makeups nearly didn't get made at all. The natural CXL boot we did at the end of 2014 just barely got on the ballot, and languished in the ballots until the last week or so, when it suddenly took the first place makeup, and then lapped all the other makeups several times over. It also had the most orders over any makeup so far as well.

10. Joinus

Joinus Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nice pics of some well worn calf skin chukkas on the 2030. The unstructured toe on the greyhound is going to draw out the beautiful complexity of that grey calf.

11. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^I know there's quite a few peeps here that will take extreme measures to avoid vamp crease.
    But, I particularly love the 'Nose Wrinkle'[​IMG] on an unstructured toe [ie, from a more sleeker last]__ 'gives the boot character & the appearance of comfort nonchalance, IMHO[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  12. LA Guy

I don't think that you can, or should, try to avoid creasing in your boots. It's futile, and your boots will always look a little too new and uncomfortable. I know real cowboys who have "dress boots". They are well maintained, but you can tell they've been well used.

13. LA Guy

14. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

^^:facepalm: I know, right?!

^Yeah, 'still on the fence for the Hopper :fence:
    I mean, the boot make up is going to be epic, no doubt. 'LUVed the whole concept. I just can't get over__ a Chamois Strap.

I don't have any [Engineers], but from personal observation, the strap is what holds the entire boot fastened/secured. From a "lace up" guy point of view, I'm not so sure if the chamois strap will be able to hold its own [meaning, not stretch out &/or break prematurely] down the line.
    A more dense/stable leather might be best for the straps, but I know it's too late in the game to :stirpot:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  15. LA Guy

fwiw, the chamois leather is pretty darn tough. It's dense (a cowhide, iirc), and pulling this sample will all my might, not at all stretchy. It's called "chamois" because of the nubuck finish, which means that the grain sided has been buffed to give it a napped finish (unlike suede, where the roughout side is used). It's not actually "chamois". If durability is your concern, I would consider it alleviated.