• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tobacco today

ED87F54A-AC26-4BE6-B24C-1424D1028D17.jpeg

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
Personally, I think they look good but wear down too fast.
Granted, I only have the navy 3sixteen pair but they’re easily the most comfortable of any outsole I have on my boots (dainite, vibram 2060, christy).

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Granted, I only have the navy 3sixteen pair but they’re easily the most comfortable of any outsole I have on my boots (dainite, vibram 2060, christy).
I just wish they’d do something like their workboot line where they have a thick durable rubber surface but foam cushioning:

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
I just wish they’d do something like their workboot line where they have a thick durable rubber surface but foam cushioning:

DR’s makeup on the 310 has the foam between the Gloxi and the upper, if that’s what you’re referring to. Really not a fan of the 310 though.

IronRiceBowl

Reaction score
Is your current 2030 Size 1/2 down from your brannock size or 1 size down?
Half down. I'm just wondering because the waxed nutmeg kudu Brooklyn Clothing pair is on sale and there's a size one size down from my brannock available ? curious how other people size is all. I know Richard with Withered Fig said he wished he sized a half size down for his mushroom oxfords to wear em with thinner socks but haven't seen the opinion much else where when concerning boots.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half down. I'm just wondering because the waxed nutmeg kudu Brooklyn Clothing pair is on sale and there's a size one size down from my brannock available ? curious how other people size is all. I know Richard with Withered Fig said he wished he sized a half size down for his mushroom oxfords to wear em with thinner socks but haven't seen the opinion much else where when concerning boots.

I know the temptation. Rivet and Hide doesn't stock 11.5 and I've been tempted to just get an 11. But ultimately I wouldn't reach for it bc 11.5 is much more comfortable.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not Viberg, but another resole by a friend of the forum:

Who did the resole? I've got two pairs of Vibergs I need resoled. And I'm in Texas if the Instagram post is implying they can be done there.... Sweet.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who did the resole? I've got two pairs of Vibergs I need resoled. And I'm in Texas if the Instagram post is implying they can be done there.... Sweet.

Pekin Shoe Repair in Illinois. But they aren't doing mail-in repairwork any more.

Have you checked with Viberg? They will resole.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t. Unless you just have a ton of length left over in the 2030, id stick with the same size. Or maybe if you have very narrow feet.
What would a "ton" of length constitute? An inch and a half or two inches plus? I'm trying to nail down my 1035 size too and I size down 0.5 from Brannock for 2030. Definitely have some left over length but doesn't seem uncomfortable and the arch support seems to line up pretty well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads