• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New makeups from Cultizm. Aged Bark and a Black Pebble Grain w/ side zip.

This is that Seidel tannery aged bark right?

Also, black boots have a metal side zip. Doesn’t look bad but not for me. also I thought that the soles were Itshide but they aren’t. They’re that mysterious one from a photo from a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is that Seidel tannery aged bark right?

Also, black boots have a metal side zip. Doesn’t look bad but not for me. also I thought that the soles were Itshide but they aren’t. They’re that mysterious one from a photo from a couple weeks ago.

Yeah looks like a Lactae Hevea Country crepe sole

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
So aged bark is typically horween? What would the differences be between horween / Seidel?

gte872h

Reaction score
I think it’s always been Seidel

@honestpanda is correct. Viberg had used some other leathers Seidel used to make but no longer do before they started using aged bark. Think it was called copper task and there was another one before that.

Seidel is a good tannery. They make different leather types like Horween but pretty much all the major workboot companies (Viberg, Wesco, White’s, Nick’s, etc.) use their heavyweight oil tanned leather for real workboots.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone remind me, What web-stores carry 310s? I seem to remember there are a few out there, in Europe and/or Hong Kong perhaps? Thanks!

kingk

Reaction score
Someone remind me, What web-stores carry 310s? I seem to remember there are a few out there, in Europe and/or Hong Kong perhaps? Thanks!

Benny's Store and Loft No 6 have a few
Loft 6 definitely had a few good ones

vettemike

Reaction score
If I were going with the 310, I would wait for a MTO event to get mine exactly the way I want it. None of the current offerings on the 310 are tempting

itbegins

Reaction score
I would not recommend them being tight initially. If anything I’ve found boots to get slightly shorter from increased toe spring after wearing them. If they are short lengthwise I’ve found them to be worse as I wear them. If they are too tight width wise then the leather has almost never stretched to be comfortable. I would go with slightly loose
You have no idea what you’re talking about

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have no idea what you’re talking about

9E86B713-B7BA-41F0-9913-8E1E1F4BB475.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads