• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
according to Viberg from now on the caps will be the new smaller size.
They haven't yet agreed to accept mine as a return but it's a pretty major thing imo 1st world problem style to not explicitly state this..? So we'll see.
and @nishant is right, these I'm sure will become the norm, etc.
That sucks. Hopefully they let you return them

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
They haven't yet agreed to accept mine as a return but it's a pretty major thing imo 1st world problem style to not explicitly state this..? So we'll see.
This suggests viberg will have QC cut off for cap toes... i dont believe this will be the case itll be anything goes unless its severly jacked up or structural. Case in point the new withered fig oxford has some massive cap toes. So its hard to say what will occur.

biglmbass

Reaction score
Case in point the new withered fig oxford has some massive cap toes. So its hard to say what will occur.

Now that you mention it, they do look a little big. No bigger than the similar Miloh Shop oxfords IMO.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its apart of the style, the 1035 cap toes almost take up the entirety of the vamp.. and the Mimoh Shop ones look more normal IMO.
The 2040 captoes from the latest drop are pretty big compared to the 2030s from the same drop.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
Only nice thing about small cap goes is less concern for creasing your captoe if that’s something you’ve ever had problems with. My color 8s almost started creasing just past the captoe because of the fit. Kinda nice I don’t have to worry about that on my nattys

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving my slides

IMG_9946.jpg

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard back, they are allowing the return in this case stepping-up style..
Nice glad to hear it and thanks for finding out if it's a "thing" going forward. They've been pretty cool about that kind of stuff(obviously not the same exact thing)with me so long as it is reasonable.

bootyboy

Reaction score
Wow ! Good bye Captoes, from now on plaintoe boots only or if you can look at pics before buying (which some retailers let you do).

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score

Ooh....drool. Thanks, I know I wanted to see photos and all - but I made an impulse buy a couple weeks ago (Tricker's Bronze Unicorn). These are really nice!! Congrats! Looking forward to see how they age. I also like the French Binding as it gives a clean black look without showing the leather edge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads