• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

benniejackson

Reaction score
What size do you take in 2050? Just trying to gather information as my MTO is on the 42997. I was affirmed by guy that TTS wouldn’t be a bad fit. I wear TTS brannock on 2050.
I also wear 8.5 in my side zips. They’re the 41464, but I’ve been told here they are the same as the 2050.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those wondering what the Bronze shell looks like up close, guardedgoods has a wallet using it:

I am not seeing much difference from black. Is this something that needs to be seen in person due to layered dyeing and light refraction?

Reminds me of White's brown dress.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those wondering what the Bronze shell looks like up close, guardedgoods has a wallet using it:

I am not seeing much difference from black. Is this something that needs to be seen in person due to layered dyeing and light refraction?
Check the link I attached a few pages back(put the pic in below) it has a dark greenish tint to it. Second pic is the chamois. Recently ordered something in "old/aged bronze" chamois so I did a lot of internet scouring. I think in real life the shell version will have a great deal of light variation. in dark light it will appear blackish but it's a dark greenish old bronze thing, some brownish tones and possibly a little reddish tone too, the key chain below is cool, and if it come out like that its gonna look good.

makr_key_chain_snap_hook_old_bronze_cordovan_1.jpg
Aged bronze.jpeg

Last edited:

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
New boots just in today. Picked up the Brown Split Horsebutt. Pictures from all sides to show the variation.

Looks like they did a pretty good job of keeping the pattern consistent on each boot. The tongue on each is possibly fully reversed. And the heel counters each are fully the rough out texture.

I have the DR slippers on the way too and wanted to do a post with both at once, but just couldn’t wait.

View attachment 1210905 View attachment 1210906 View attachment 1210907 View attachment 1210908 View attachment 1210909
hows the last?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New boots just in today. Picked up the Brown Split Horsebutt. Pictures from all sides to show the variation.

Looks like they did a pretty good job of keeping the pattern consistent on each boot. The tongue on each is possibly fully reversed. And the heel counters each are fully the rough out texture.

I have the DR slippers on the way too and wanted to do a post with both at once, but just couldn’t wait.

View attachment 1210905 View attachment 1210906 View attachment 1210907 View attachment 1210908 View attachment 1210909
These look so amazing!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you all that wear the mushroom, what belt, if any, do you wear with them?

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
QOTD:
Super subjective because clearly it comes down to current collection, current wardrobe yada yada...however gonna ask it anyway. The two are close enough in price (also posted in the Alden forum because I'm curious for opinions)
Would you rather Alden shell (black or #8) or non shell Viberg? Or neither...(maybe you want the snuff suede Indy
;))

Last edited:

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
QOTD:
Super subjective because clearly it comes down to current collection, current wardrobe yada yada...however gonna ask it anyway. The two are close enough in price (also posted in the Alden forum because I'm curious for opinions)
Would you rather Alden shell or non shell Viberg? Or neither...(maybe you want the snuff suede Indy
;))

If we are talking non-exotic Alden shell in a non-dressy boot style and last (e.g., plain toe color 8 with commando sole), I’d go with non-shell Viberg, particularly in an interesting leather.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we are talking non-exotic Alden shell in a non-dressy boot style and last (e.g., plain toe color 8 with commando sole), I’d go with non-shell Viberg, particularly in an interesting leather.
I just edited to reflect black or #8.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
QOTD:
Would you rather Alden shell or non shell Viberg? Or neither...(maybe you want the snuff suede Indy
;))
I'd go non shell Viberg with mto style specifics. In terms of shell, it would totally depend on the specifics. If it were an Alden Ravello Indy that's the only Alden id be interested in. Viberg, I'd go for another 110 last in any color available might even be willing to pay the insane premium for non color 8 or Black.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads