• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Notre x Viberg cap toe service boot on 2030 w/ Moreflex sole.

00AD179F-C9CF-4A28-A841-61E4E027468D.jpeg

I don’t regret any of my mini-ripple conversions, but damn this sole is comfortable

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love those oiled mocha rowdies!

Too early in the wearing for an answer, but I wonder how much stretch / give that leather will have compared to cxl? The 2030 is a good fit for me with leathers that give after a while. Not such a good fit on stiffer leathers (could never do the 2030 in shell).

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pull up type leathers should have more give. That oiled mocha looks like a pullup leather. Shell on the other hand won’t stretch because it’s a membrane.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are those...withered fig mushrooms converted to a mini ripple?
I'm not loving the corded sole on the oxfords...the heel/heigh seems out of proportion some how...

No, these are the brown waxed flesh oxfords from Division Road. Although mushroom looks good on mini-ripple as well. But I’m biased.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love those oiled mocha rowdies!

Too early in the wearing for an answer, but I wonder how much stretch / give that leather will have compared to cxl? The 2030 is a good fit for me with leathers that give after a while. Not such a good fit on stiffer leathers (could never do the 2030 in shell).
Thanks! It probably is too early to tell, but the horsebutt is a substantial leather and right now it feels quite stiff in the shaft, but it also seems quite flexible in the vamp, where it flexes more (you can see they're already creasing in the toe box behind the caps). And, as @justsayno observes, it's a pullup leather, so I'm guessing that it'll all loosen up after some more wears.

As to how it compares to CXL, I'll try to remember to circle back after a bit and tell you how it compares to my AE Higgins Mills, which I've had for ~18 months now (they're well-broken-in and super comfortable).

limonade

Reaction score
No, these are the brown waxed flesh oxfords from Division Road. Although mushroom looks good on mini-ripple as well. But I’m biased.
Ahh nice. I didn’t know they did a 2030 Oxford! Man.............

Well, maybe ill change up the 145 mushroom oxfords anyway...

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, the scraped shell is already unreal. Such depth....I could lose myself in there

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads