• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After one day wear with S&S waxed deer boots, I really like the soles. Heavy but with a good deal of flex. One of my most comfortable Vibergs as no break-in was needed.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about getting some Limmers one day. So many people swear by them and say one pair will last a lifetime.
I've got a pair of barely-worn Limmer Lightweights for sale in Buy & Sell; they're marked US 9 W, but they fit more like a 9.5, unless you're wearing super-heavy hiking socks:

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Love how the eyelets almost match the un-dyed underside.

What’s your opinion on the soles? I have some boots with the V-bar sole and they are really durable and high wearing but not very shock absorbent.

I have the same soles on a pair of Viberg side zips. The soles are very hard wearing, without much give. But in my opinion, they don't feel much different than Dainite.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I think I’m gonna send a pair off to swap out dainite for the 430.
Cool.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Vibram 430 for comfort and grip. How long they will last is still unknown but so far seems on par with Dainite studded.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really nice mods. Looks great. How’s the fit on that last?

Very generous in my same 2030 size, which I take 1/2 down from Brannock. Toe box feels very roomy, but not sloppy. I just got them back from Nick at Perkin Shoe Repair, so I haven't worn them yet.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Cool.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Vibram 430 for comfort and grip. How long they will last is still unknown but so far seems on par with Dainite studded.
I have it on a pair of White’s that have about 40 or so wears. Soles still look brand new. I definitely prefer it over dainite.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of barely-worn Limmer Lightweights for sale in Buy & Sell; they're marked US 9 W, but they fit more like a 9.5, unless you're wearing super-heavy hiking socks:

Oh too bad. That’s one size too small for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads