• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deusis

Reaction score
And finally, here is one with some natural shell Oakstreets to get a sense of the color compared to Horween.
View attachment 1140452 [/QUOTE]

The Oakstreets look great paired with the Cobalt laces! Hopefully you're liking them.

How long have you had the Oakstreets? Regarding the Shinki Shell, that pair is going to age wonderfully. I've found Shinki Hikaku shell cordovan typically ages more evenly (at least for wallets) than Horween that can be a bit more "sporadic" in its patina.

Deusis

Reaction score
Swapped out the laces in a few pairs of Vibergs. Burgundy Thin Round Waxed Cotton Laces in the Color 8 Shell Cordovan Service Boots.

Debated on Wide Flat Waxed vs. Round for the Calfskin but the round laces won out. What do you all think? Whiskey Thin Round Waxed Cotton Laces in the calfskin Derby Boots. Very pleased with how they paired. I was a bit worried that they would match too closely but I think it works well.

IMG_9857.JPG

IMG_9863.JPG

IMG_9872.JPG

IMG_9882.JPG

IMG_9883.JPG

orionz06

Reaction score
Those round do look good. I like the looks of the Viberg round laces in my Division Road snuff cap toes with brass, may need to try some color now. Really clean all around. Burgundy on the #8 is solid too.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
And finally, here is one with some natural shell Oakstreets to get a sense of the color compared to Horween.
View attachment 1140452

The Oakstreets look great paired with the Cobalt laces! Hopefully you're liking them.

How long have you had the Oakstreets? Regarding the Shinki Shell, that pair is going to age wonderfully. I've found Shinki Hikaku shell cordovan typically ages more evenly (at least for wallets) than Horween that can be a bit more "sporadic" in its patina.
Thanks! I agree. The cobalt laces really look great with the light colored shell.

I’ve only had the Oaksheets for a few months. I found them new/unworn on eBay back in November or December. I’m still going through the break-in period. The double leather sole is pretty stiff and the toe spring is taking some getting used to.

Swapped out the laces in a few pairs of Vibergs. Burgundy Thin Round Waxed Cotton Laces in the Color 8 Shell Cordovan Service Boots.

Debated on Wide Flat Waxed vs. Round for the Calfskin but the round laces won out. What do you all think? Whiskey Thin Round Waxed Cotton Laces in the calfskin Derby Boots. Very pleased with how they paired. I was a bit worried that they would match too closely but I think it works well.

View attachment 1141893

View attachment 1141894

View attachment 1141895

View attachment 1141896

View attachment 1141897
Those round do look good. I like the looks of the Viberg round laces in my Division Road snuff cap toes with brass, may need to try some color now. Really clean all around. Burgundy on the #8 is solid too.
I used to be a big fan of the flat waxed laces, but the round waxed look has grown on me. I really like the thicker 54” round waxed laces you sell for my 8 eyelet Vibergs. The shorter length (compared to the laces Viberg provides) also works better for me on the 8 eyelet boots.

biglmbass

Reaction score
I really like the thicker 54” round waxed laces you sell for my 8 eyelet Vibergs. The shorter length (compared to the laces Viberg provides) also works better for me on the 8 eyelet boots.

Was thinking on this topic last week. The 60" round waxed 'berg laces are too long on 8-eye boots. I need to place an order.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Was thinking on this topic last week. The 60" round waxed 'berg laces are too long on 8-eye boots. I need to place an order.
That’s my experience too. The 60” works well for their 9 eyelet boots, but is too long for 8 eyelets.
The laces from Guarded Goods are a great replacement. I went with the thinner 54” for my Aldens and the thicker round waxed for the Vibergs.

biglmbass

Reaction score
First ride on smoke kudu RO on black mini ripple. I think I'm really gonna like these. They have a foam wedge in place of the stacked leather heel, like the 3-sixteen aged bark roughout boots. The latter is a neat look & I actually prefer it (stacked leather) but they're extremely stiff, & I'm told it takes a good bit for the sole to soften up. The ones pictured here are much more comfortable from the get go.
smoke kudu ro1.JPG

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm seriously thinking about getting these - Brooklyn Clothing? Would you be able to post some more pics please?

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm seriously thinking about getting these - Brooklyn Clothing? Would you be able to post some more pics please?

I'm thinking of letting mine go (I posted the original pics). If you're a size 11, let me know.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought my first pair of boots, a pair of new Vibergs. But the Viberg is killing my feet - the top of the boot shaft seems to rub against my tendons / ligaments; after wearing the Vibergs for a few hours i have noticeable shooting pains when the area feels pressure.

i assume this isn't common, but is this something that will improve as the boot gets softer? or is this a hopeless cause, because the shaft height isn't going to change. i'm feeling it's the latter, but if it is the former i'm happy to continue breaking the Viberg's in.

Also - anyone else face this issue? feels like i could have gotten a shorter or longer boot shaft...

thanks!

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought my first pair of boots, a pair of new Vibergs. But the Viberg is killing my feet - the top of the boot shaft seems to rub against my tendons / ligaments; after wearing the Vibergs for a few hours i have noticeable shooting pains when the area feels pressure.

i assume this isn't common, but is this something that will improve as the boot gets softer? or is this a hopeless cause, because the shaft height isn't going to change. i'm feeling it's the latter, but if it is the former i'm happy to continue breaking the Viberg's in.

Also - anyone else face this issue? feels like i could have gotten a shorter or longer boot shaft...

thanks!

Did you size too small?
Whats your brannock size and what did you size in Vibergs?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads