• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogerdoger

Reaction score
2030 pointy toe lol those two words shouldn't eve be in the same sentence. 2030 is a narrow rounder last yes, but far from pointy. Plus I think a lot of the boots these days are moving towards more of an old school western, look so the narrow toe just works. I dig the other last as well, but the 2030 just works hands down for me.

orionz06

Reaction score
This is what I see in my head when folks are asking for non-pointy lasts:
158091_6_1400x1400.jpg

GheeButtersnaps

Reaction score
Well these look absolutely unnecessary...love it!

View attachment 890796

Well said. I like them a lot but not $250-$300 a lot.

$245 is my guess .

^ I agree. I expect them to charge a lot - certainly more than I will be willing to pay. I will be happy to be wrong.

They just dropped on Mr. Porter for $160, so I imagine that other stockists will have them for a similar price as well.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/viberg/suede-backless-slippers/1041687?ppv=2

turdburglar

Reaction score
Slim works, that's why I dig 2030 and the like. Which Alden last is slimmer? Part of why I like Viberg over Alden is that Barrie, the last most of the shoes and boots I like are on, seems massive. I mean I get that we're talking nuance to some degree but I don't know that we need to start pushing for metatarsal work boot sized lasts either.

Same here. My Indys (Trubalance, but still) seem massive in comparison to my 2030 service boots..

turdburglar

Reaction score
I am a narrow side of D and I don't have gobs of extra room at the toes on the 110. They are comfy(except for the Route 10 chukka's which were oversized for me anyhow and I used pads). Now, the 1035 also fits well but they are a bit more snug at the sides. But I feel that the 110 is the ultimate work boot last. If I rode a motorcycle I'd wear 110's. Or 2040's or 2045's.

I believe that the 2030 only looks good with smaller leg opening denim. Like 7". I don't wear that. Young whippersnappers might but I believe folks who have 2030's will stop wearing them as they get older, IMHO. So enjoy them while you can!

If I ever were to buy a 2030 it would likely be a natty or brown CXL or brown oil tan with no cap toe. ButI'd have to give it a lot of thought.

Anyhow, no disrespect to any Viberg fanboi's here. We're all on the same team.

For sure on the same team, so please don't take our comments concerning preference for contrast as a knock on your blacked out pair. It's all personal preference after all, and yours do look good regardless. Cheers.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but wondering if anyone knows anything about "MYG boots"? Just came across their slightly outdated website and various pics of boots, one of which is distinctly 310-esque:

myg 1943 boots.jpg

gte872h

Reaction score
A bit off topic, but wondering if anyone knows anything about "MYG boots"? Just came across their slightly outdated website and various pics of boots, one of which is distinctly 310-esque:

View attachment 892007

I haven’t heard of MYG boots before, but it looks interesting. Handwelted only too.

billymax

Reaction score
I agree that theres too many models on the 2030 last as of late. I can fit into to it fine being an average D width, but honestly the last isn't all that comfortable at all. Much prefer the more traditional work boot shapes and they're a little more comfortable out of the box without as much break in as a 2030. That said, nothing Viberg has put out lately has really been all that interesting to me lately and I find myself looking at more japanese made boots. I'd still love a 110 oxford at some point but not many US stockists even care to do a run from what I've seen.

Haven't checked in for a while. Love you 110ers. 2030 is fine for a dressy look. I have Alden shell bluchers on the Barrie. I wear them for dressier occasions, but I don't like the look for everyday casual. The 2030 is really uncomfortable on me. The 110 is my fav. I think VB has included better arch support in the last pair of 110 oxfords I got. Extremely comfortable. These mushroom chamois 110 oxfords are my new fav.

IMG_1051.JPG

billymax

Reaction score
This is what I see in my head when folks are asking for non-pointy lasts:
158091_6_1400x1400.jpg
I think a lot of people think that in the same way we 110ers think David Copperfield when we see 2030s. 6-7 years ago VB 110 oxfords were easy to get on several stocklists (and they had mostly wedge soles), now the sleek look is in. Most people here hate the wedge sole. I love it. With the last two MTOs at Freeman and Division Road, we that are out of vogue have a shot to get what we want. It's all good. As long as VB is making boots, I'm happy.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't checked in for a while. Love you 110ers. 2030 is fine for a dressy look. I have Alden shell bluchers on the Barrie. I wear them for dressier occasions, but I don't like the look for everyday casual. The 2030 is really uncomfortable on me. The 110 is my fav. I think VB has included better arch support in the last pair of 110 oxfords I got. Extremely comfortable. These mushroom chamois 110 oxfords are my new fav.

View attachment 892143
Where'd those come from?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads