• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah those boots look great. I agree and think a full black out model would look awesome though
I don't know if you guys were around for the last GMTO but I had these blacked out "Spymaster" boots on the 110 in Black Waxed Flesh made up cause I wanted a blacked out boot. They have Vibram half sole and heel, blacked out midsole and Gunmetal eyelets.
Spymasters.jpg

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan out blackout at all. I think the matte calf looks excellent as it is.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how End and Mr Porter show sizing?

Mr porter shows US, is it safe to say the size is the same as Vibergs box listed size?

End is a clusterfuck.
Showing UK sizing... so they are making a conversion on a brand that is typically a “size down type” brand? Or entering Vibergs box size as UK upfront? Who knows...

I could message them both, but what the fun is in that? :rolleyes: And to be honest I doubt End would even get the right answer. Porter would.

biabia

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how End and Mr Porter show sizing?

Mr porter shows US, is it safe to say the size is the same as Vibergs box listed size?

End is a clusterfuck.
Showing UK sizing... so they are making a conversion on a brand that is typically a “size down type” brand? Or entering Vibergs box size as UK upfront? Who knows...

I could message them both, but what the fun is in that? :rolleyes: And to be honest I doubt End would even get the right answer. Porter would.
I've purchased from Mr Porter and the listed size is the size on the box and boots. No conversions.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. +1 contrast stitching and natural sole against the matte black.

Also don't like tonal stitching and sole on perforated captoe boots.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got 9 pairs of Viberg's and my blacked out boots have gotten the most notice.

I remember a time when this board used to be a work boot thread. Now it's a mostly dainty 2030 thread. Even Viberg has succumbed to a majority of nancy boy 2030's. Hey Viberg, your daddy created workboots. I think Viberg is trying to be Alden with their "dress boots".
Uggh.

Well, follow the money I guess.

Here's another great pair of Garage boots on Brown Oil Tan.
garages.jpg

orionz06

Reaction score
Why do "work" boots have to have gobs of extra room in the toes? All of my work boots in the past were selected to NOT have that. The 2030 still looks like a work boot or grown up Doc Marten 1460, which I have plenty of. I never really followed that line of thinking. The clean, sleek toe is perfect.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do "work" boots have to have gobs of extra room in the toes? All of my work boots in the past were selected to NOT have that. The 2030 still looks like a work boot or grown up Doc Marten 1460, which I have plenty of. I never really followed that line of thinking. The clean, sleek toe is perfect.
I am a narrow side of D and I don't have gobs of extra room at the toes on the 110. They are comfy(except for the Route 10 chukka's which were oversized for me anyhow and I used pads). Now, the 1035 also fits well but they are a bit more snug at the sides. But I feel that the 110 is the ultimate work boot last. If I rode a motorcycle I'd wear 110's. Or 2040's or 2045's.

I believe that the 2030 only looks good with smaller leg opening denim. Like 7". I don't wear that. Young whippersnappers might but I believe folks who have 2030's will stop wearing them as they get older, IMHO. So enjoy them while you can!

If I ever were to buy a 2030 it would likely be a natty or brown CXL or brown oil tan with no cap toe. ButI'd have to give it a lot of thought.

Anyhow, no disrespect to any Viberg fanboi's here. We're all on the same team.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got 9 pairs of Viberg's and my blacked out boots have gotten the most notice.

I remember a time when this board used to be a work boot thread. Now it's a mostly dainty 2030 thread. Even Viberg has succumbed to a majority of nancy boy 2030's. Hey Viberg, your daddy created workboots. I think Viberg is trying to be Alden with their "dress boots".
Uggh.

Well, follow the money I guess.

Here's another great pair of Garage boots on Brown Oil Tan.
View attachment 891688

Agree with this 100%. Really disappointed that all I see are pointy toed 2030's. Would love to see more 1035 or 2040.

orionz06

Reaction score
The massive, almost square toe boots look like Payless stuff.
I am a narrow side of D and I don't have gobs of extra room at the toes on the 110. They are comfy(except for the Route 10 chukka's which were oversized for me anyhow and I used pads). Now, the 1035 also fits well but they are a bit more snug at the sides. But I feel that the 110 is the ultimate work boot last. If I rode a motorcycle I'd wear 110's. Or 2040's or 2045's.

I believe that the 2030 only looks good with smaller leg opening denim. Like 7". I don't wear that. Young whippersnappers might but I believe folks who have 2030's will stop wearing them as they get older, IMHO. So enjoy them while you can!

If I ever were to buy a 2030 it would likely be a natty or brown CXL or brown oil tan with no cap toe. ButI'd have to give it a lot of thought.

Anyhow, no disrespect to any Viberg fanboi's here. We're all on the same team.
I guess I just don't see the pointy toe thing.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay. First of all “real work” boots are steel toe #1, and much bigger then a 2030 or 2040 last. Look at the actual logging boots Viberg makes.
I have a ton of friends who are trades, and none of their boots look like the previously mentioned models.

All the styles being bought from people in this thread are for casual fashion.
Could these boots be “put to work”, as in landscaping, hiking, light construction, etc. Of course they can, they are built to be durable. But don’t think your walking onto a proper regulated job site with any of these...

But in the world of finer footwear, and being that we are on fashion web forum.... the 2030 isn’t pointy by comparison. But it is a rather slim last for a service style boot.

It’s clear the 2030 is what sells... It’s an alternative to Alden or similar brands who are even slimmer in the toe shape. They offer stichdown, and alternative leathers you don’t find on other brands. More rugged boots, that can work in an inherently more and more casual office setting we are experiencing.

And if you’ve began to notice, a lot of the dealer for Viberg now are utilizing 1035 and a bit of 2040 for some builds. Shows there is demand outside the 2030, and if .com is pumping out 2030 weekly, why not differentiate.

Division Road and lost & found are 2 examples. Bureau Belfast, End, etc.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that theres too many models on the 2030 last as of late. I can fit into to it fine being an average D width, but honestly the last isn't all that comfortable at all. Much prefer the more traditional work boot shapes and they're a little more comfortable out of the box without as much break in as a 2030. That said, nothing Viberg has put out lately has really been all that interesting to me lately and I find myself looking at more japanese made boots. I'd still love a 110 oxford at some point but not many US stockists even care to do a run from what I've seen.

orionz06

Reaction score
It’s clear the 2030 is what sells... It’s an alternative to Alden or similar brands who are even slimmer in the toe shape. They offer stichdown, and alternative leathers you don’t find on other brands. More rugged boots, that can work in an inherently more and more casual office setting we are experiencing.

Slim works, that's why I dig 2030 and the like. Which Alden last is slimmer? Part of why I like Viberg over Alden is that Barrie, the last most of the shoes and boots I like are on, seems massive. I mean I get that we're talking nuance to some degree but I don't know that we need to start pushing for metatarsal work boot sized lasts either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads